Horn Honks 3 times after lock need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8

hey ! happy Thursday !​

I need some help so for some reason just today my 2015 ram 1500 Horn honks 3 times then 15 minutes later it does a single honk after I locked it , never done this before, went and unlocked then locked it again and it did it again after I locked it,I literally went to the store and back before this happened has never done this before , I have no extra fob in the truck , any help is appreciated .1f62b.png:shrug:

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

hey ! happy Thursday !​

I need some help so for some reason just today my 2015 ram 1500 Horn honks 3 times then 15 minutes later it does a single honk after I locked it , never done this before, went and unlocked then locked it again and it did it again after I locked it,I literally went to the store and back before this happened has never done this before , I have no extra fob in the truck , any help is appreciated .View attachment 542259:shrug:

Do you have an extra key fob in the truck somewhere? In the center console maybe, or in a jacket pocket in the back seat or something.

I believe there is some kinda thing like this it does to keep you from locking keys inside.

ETA:
Sorry, never mind. I just realized that you already answered that, and somehow I missed it. The forum won't let me delete my reply.

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
I took the battery out of the spare key fob just to make sure it wasn't that , wish it was that simple .

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How old is your key fob? The metal contact on the inside of the rubbery button separated on mine causing similar issue.

It’s very easy to take the fob apart small screw under the door key part then gently pry apart.

If that is the case you can buy a new fob on Amazon and swap the electronic guts over.

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
I checked the fob inside and out everything looks great , no damage , the rubber inside looks great , I think it's the original fob .

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
WELL I now have a new issue , when I got in my truck to start it , now my rear inside cab dome light and my two over head map lights over the front seats will not turn off , what the heck is going on !?!? what do I do ?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just some ideas: Proceed as U see fit. Just thinking out loud. Especially if your vehicle starts throwing a bunch of "mil" codes, big symptom of poor battery.

1) How old is the vehicle battery? When the batteries get Low the electronics start to go wonky. Get battery checked.
2) Pull battery cable (negative) and insure not grounded on vehicle metal for at least 30 minutes and then reset system. (will take a while for all systems to reboot)
3) Slight possibility something computer wise got corrupted and may need to be reflashed (this happens but rarely unless you are one of those folks likes to play with programming).

CAVEAT: Not a mechanic, do as U see fit.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I read through to make sure this hasn't already been asked and answered, but do you have any aftermarket parts installed, that are spliced into or otherwise connected to the factory wiring? Things like aftermarket car alarms, remote starts, reverse cams, trailer brake controllers, etc?

I few google searches indicate the many times, these weird computer issues are the result of aftermarket gadgets not getting along will with the factory computer.

Though, I did find one instance of similar behavior being due to a bad body control module.

Last edited:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Perhaps a door switch is flakey? I have seen where one gets out and doesn't close the door all the way, the horn will double (maybe triple) beep, when alarm set is activated, to tell you the vehicle isn't closed up properly. Some even do it if the windows aren't up all the way.

A wonkey door switch can also explain lights staying on.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had some weird gremlins going on with my truck. One of them being the cooling fan running full time. It was louder than the hemi and annoying as hell.
Had it in the dealer for another issue (driver side window actuator) and asked about the fan running full time. Dealer ran diagnostics and determined my PCM had gone for a **** and needed replacement. All due to a bad ground to the PCM.
All these electramatronics can do weird things. Maybe have the dealer check it? I didn’t expect that to be the problem. Expensive fix out of warranty. Anyway good luck. Hope you find a resolution.