2019 RAM Limited Leather Dash Delamination/Shrink (attn @RamCares)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayquelin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello @RamCares,

I have a 2019 Limited with black interior. I recently moved from the midwest to the southeast, and just in the first few months of the spring heat, my dash leather has quickly and catastrophically delaminated and shrunk. I have an aftermarket warranty (a good one, at that) but it does not cover interior trim defects. My truck has about 60,000 miles. I previously noticed what I thought was minor warping and chalked it up to vehicle age, until I saw what a month in the southeast has done to it. I then started reading on the Internet and discovered this is actually being reported by a lot of people, some with model years as recent as 2022. I use nothing on the dash except water-damp shop towels and Mother's leather conditioner. I also use a sunshade.

Like all the others who have posted here, my dealer estimates around $3,000 installed to fix this. I cannot find an upholstery shop who feels confident they can repair the leather. I understand that on occasion you have helped other 5th gen owners offset the cost of this replacement. I am humbly asking here for you to help me with the cost of getting this fixed. I purchased the highest trim truck you offered and I've been good to it. I can't afford this fix in the post-pandemic economy. Please help me out.

Thank you,
BF from Alabama.

Attachments

• IMG_2366.jpeg
    IMG_2366.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2367.jpeg
    IMG_2367.jpeg
    519.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2368.jpeg
    IMG_2368.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 5