Do I really need headers (Emission Concerns as well)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregket1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I watched it. And I agree that it seems odd that the MDs lifters are not always the one failing. IF there was a way to enable MDS oil flow to all the lifters I would gladly do that.

I just really hate the feeling of MDs at slow speeds in traffic. Feels like 3 cylinders rather than a balanced 4 cylinders.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I watched it. And I agree that it seems odd that the MDs lifters are not always the one failing. IF there was a way to enable MDS oil flow to all the lifters I would gladly do that.

I just really hate the feeling of MDs at slow speeds in traffic. Feels like 3 cylinders rather than a balanced 4 cylinders.
Ma Mopars mds plugs do route oil flow full time,but if you don't replace the mds lifters with non-mds lifters,the engine will be in constant mds mode. The mds solenoids even when activated still restrict oil flow,but it's not as bad as when the solenoids are deactivated and basically shut off oil flow to the lifter bores.

Gregket1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ma Mopars mds plugs do route oil flow full time,but if you don't replace the mds lifters with non-mds lifters,the engine will be in constant mds mode. The mds solenoids even when activated still restrict oil flow,but it's not as bad as when the solenoids are deactivated and basically shut off oil flow to the lifter bores.
So there are MDS oil passages in the non-MDs lifter holes? That’s cool.
I did just finish doing the MDS delete + Hellcat oil pump so very happy to have ALL the lifters well oiled.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So there are MDS oil passages in the non-MDs lifter holes? That’s cool.
I did just finish doing the MDS delete + Hellcat oil pump so very happy to have ALL the lifters well oiled.
If you get any oil pressure codes,he also has a video using resistors to defeat the code,that's if you didn't swap your stock bypass spring into the Kitty pump,and you encounter a dash light.

Gregket1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you get any oil pressure codes,he also has a video using resistors to defeat the code,that's if you didn't swap your stock bypass spring into the Kitty pump,and you encounter a dash light.
sadly, I read about doing that after the swap. But, the errors he talked about are about the MDS system errors, but I no longer have that. Fingers crossed.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
sadly, I read about doing that after the swap. But, the errors he talked about are about the MDS system errors, but I no longer have that. Fingers crossed.
If you have no codes or dash lights,you're probably good to go,it's just something to keep in the back of your mind if you ever have an oil pressure code show up.
About the 23 minute mark he talks about using a pair of resistors to fix the oil pressure code

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Island-cowboy