Kayak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ts27330

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
What is the best way to transport Kayaks? I know that there are bed racks available but I think it might e difficult since I have a Bakflip installed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, I have the 6 1/2 foot bed.
Cant you just let the tailgate down (another 2 foot) and strap in the kayak(s) with the balflip in place. I've hauled stuff that way (I have same bed and cover).

bings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't see it being that difficult to find one that will work with bed covers as long as the stake pockets are exposed. Try finding something like that which works with the rambox bed with a cover.
I Used to strap mine down directly on top of my bakflip w ramboxes. Tow straps to trailer hitch or wherever and in front i snaked the straps somehow between the bed and cab. The small hooks on the cab side of cover obviously arent heavy duty but i threw some bungie cords on there too. Its a pain if you have to open the tonneau for something but just going a to b is good. Make sure to put a towel between end of kayak and back window and/or leave some space somehow, takes some figuring. Also mine was huge but 10-11' and i think i might have angled it a bit. Been a while