Ram 1500 Rev Electric Pickup Shockingly Sells Out Quick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

goggles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 2022 Ford Lightning also sold out at the beginning, then they opened up ordering after that and raised the prices, and now Lightning's are sitting at dealers because potential buyers rejected it, and theres no shortage of them, there were many factors, dealer upped the price on the unit and claimed bs market adjustment, interest rates and early buyer reviews, it was range loss in the cold and towing and more, sorry but being a beta tester for some car or truck worth almost or north of 100k doesn't interest me, it will be interesting to see how this plays out for Ram and GM's truck.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
The 2022 Ford Lightning also sold out at the beginning, then they opened up ordering after that and raised the prices, and now Lightning's are sitting at dealers because potential buyers rejected it, and theres no shortage of them, there were many factors, dealer upped the price on the unit and claimed bs market adjustment, interest rates and early buyer reviews, it was range loss in the cold and towing and more, sorry but being a beta tester for some car or truck worth almost or north of 100k doesn't interest me, it will be interesting to see how this plays out for Ram and GM's truck.

Wow, you made that up. According to a local Ford dealer I talked with a couple weeks ago, if they get any in they are gone in a couple days. They sell most at the under $100K mark, and at retail, no discount. They do start at $47K too, not over $100K You can get almost any new truck, ICE or EV, over $100K if you option it too much.

goggles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, you made that up. According to a local Ford dealer I talked with a couple weeks ago, if they get any in they are gone in a couple days. They sell most at the under $100K mark, and at retail, no discount. They do start at $47K too, not over $100K You can get almost any new truck, ICE or EV, over $100K if you option it too much.
No I didn't make it up, why would I, do some more research, not some single dealer, let me make it easier for you, go on Auto Trader, the dealers are listing plenty they cant dump.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
California's Imperial Valley is now being called the Lithium Valley

Salton Sea's lithium capacity is nearly the size of the world's largest deposits in Bolivia and Chile combined, at 32 million metric tons.

It is prime Lithium, a term they use is Green Lithium, apparently the Greener the Lithium Salts the better.

The only thing that they are not being fully truthful about is that they need WATER that they don't have.
They need a 60 mile long canal that is wide enough to move large barges back and forth to the mines, that same water will be used for flushing the Lithium Salts from the unwanted materials.

They can not use the water from the Salton Sea, it is too salty & salt water fish that are still living would be killed off.
So they will need to build the canal & pump water into the Salton Sea.
The Salton Sea was once part of the Gulf of California, but it dried up, then human beings unwittingly caused the area to flood with water from the Colorado River.
Back in the 1950s to maybe 1980s, the area was a 60 mile long beach resort :)
Everyone wants it to be a resort again

l=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F_w1B_ehIBCU%2F0.jpg

bombay-beach-ca.jpg

ngs-bombay-beach-salton-sea-california-usa-2CAT2BC.jpg

Last edited:

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I didn't make it up, why would I, do some more research, not some single dealer, let me make it easier for you, go on Auto Trader, the dealers are listing plenty they cant dump.
The dealers around me have many that are unsold, because of the hype of being able to tow with them and other issue's people have cancelled their orders, and ford still raised the MSRP on them!!!

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Nope, my local dealer said the same. Lightnings and Mach Es are sitting there.

hikernbackpacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The "reservations" for the Ram Rev at this point is really just getting in line to be able to place an actual order for one if you still want it when they do start taking orders for it.

My motivation for getting in on the reservation was to be able to have an inside look at how this whole process works while also learning as much as I could about all the new technology involved in an EV. When the actual time comes to decide to place an order or not, pricing and available configuration will determine if I do place an order or decline.

I am more of a basic 4WD consumer whose hiking, backpacking, and outdoors time needs the basics but certainly not the high end luxury options, on a vehicle that routinely gets dirty, dusty, and muddy. The fall of 2019 bought my first and current Ram truck, a basic model, after over 20 years of owning two Jeeps. I wanted more room than my 2 door Wrangler had and the Jeep Gladiator hadn't been out long enough for me to feel comfortable with it given some of the remote hiking trailheads that I find myself at. So the Ram seemed to be the next best fit. So far I have enjoyed it, love how it handles and rides.