Smart beams help with alpha OBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zstroken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I am having issues, I have purchased a mirror from a salvage yard that had "smart beam". I then followed the instructions from video below, mine is a 2023 big horn.

1: VehicleConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- Yes
2: 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- ECC AHBM
3: CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- Yes
4: Lin & Misc: SMart Beam Present (AHBM)- Yes (I was unable to find this setting, and the instructions said it may or may not be present or needed)

The part number I am using is 68325128AA My mirror does not have the "sensor" that his has in the video. I have been able to use my alpha OBD to enable the fog lights on while the high beams, so alphaOBD seems like it is functioning.

OP
OP
Z

zstroken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
And could you show a link to the security bypass cable you purchased?

Some of the less expensive cables occasionally cause unpredictable results.

Yes, I have the security bypass cable, picked it up off of Amazon, I would agree, however I am able to change other parameters, I was able to enable the Fog lights, and have had decent luck doing everything else. Have you done it on a 2023? I am wondering if there is a slight change, or if I don't have the right mirror? His mirror looks like it has the forward collision sensor. When I go to the parameters to change, it confirms that the paramter is changed.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, you're not going to share a link to the security bypass cable because you were able to make other changes successfully?

And the mirror in the video you have linked is different from your mirror and you're wondering why the video directions are not producing successful results?

OP
OP
Z

zstroken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Here is the link... https://www.amazon.com/TTXSPP-Adaptor-Chrysler-Programming-Connector/dp/B08ZL4LRVK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2KPFY18OHJSBR&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Cvx2YnpWHtE4WKy8EbqEKJM8OGM2c2fHlndikcCi11QmmxOXR-7MekmNEMeuKl_GXfYybeaafnWzaz1T075CnaqlFodRW509anMRkzs2NnyCDuZYK15AsJ1Eh0yMidOJaTJcYgWSgd8cVPPQ-u_3ZXTF3JFw0oDUJnXweBPHUjUF2_K-oF-YVT0Z2DWMUp2x7gpIy0S8-P-2r5MbB_B0ISYn0XHfaljoRPGKqEqz70RQv99RuUfMThoO6u-tLSrUnaKVivFW-7xD0aaunSc_MRICascpI_FfvJklpUXlYh4.qGTNb4vjR4IljA85ylqKY33jH4YYPKIaoBhkD3WBprE&dib_tag=se&keywords=12+8+sgw&qid=1714793247&sprefix=12+8+,aps,1108&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1. I am looking for clarifications. I suspect he has purchased the mirror with the frontal avoidance system. His vehicle is a 2020, which may also be different. I purchased a mirror from a salvage yard that was told to have the smart beam feature and the part number aligns with someone else who had a smart beam mirror for sale. So have you successfully done this smart beam modification on your vehicle?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am having issues, I have purchased a mirror from a salvage yard that had "smart beam". I then followed the instructions from video below, mine is a 2023 big horn.

1: VehicleConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- Yes
2: 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- ECC AHBM
3: CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- Yes
4: Lin & Misc: SMart Beam Present (AHBM)- Yes (I was unable to find this setting, and the instructions said it may or may not be present or needed)

The part number I am using is 68325128AA My mirror does not have the "sensor" that his has in the video. I have been able to use my alpha OBD to enable the fog lights on while the high beams, so alphaOBD seems like it is functioning.
Auto high beam location needs to be CRVMM