Clean or not??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxxotiknightz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So i heard a long time ago that a mechanic will take better care of your car if you take it to them clean. Today I took my truck to the dealer to get the mirror replaced where it had turned brown. Usually I clean it before I go and I've yet to have a problem. Well, work and weather have been against me this week and I didn't have a chance to clean it before I went. While there the tech working on the truck broke my mirror assembly and scratched my door. The dealer made a **** poor attempt to "buff" it and now it looks worse than before. Then I got home and began washing it only to find a dent on my roof that wasn't there before. Could it be that they saw my truck was dirty and just didn't take as much care as they usually do??

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
That sucks man, if you are Taking your vehicle somewhere to get worked on it shouldn't matter your giving them business and they are getting paid they should treat it like a baby IMO

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
you could fight and try to make them fix the scratch since they know they did it and tried to buff it out, but it will probably be a huge hassle. I'm sure they will say the dent in the roof was there before

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
they messed it up they fix it end of story.

OP
OP
xxxotiknightz

xxxotiknightz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Im not sure where the dent came from. Im going to talk to the service manger today and see about the scratch.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Do they have security tapes? If proof is needed to see if they made the dent you could always check there.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk