Tuftruck HD Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I guess I am the odd man out that wouldn't bother with bags and go straight for coils- but a cushy ride isn't necessarily something I really care about since our roads and highways are already like the moon surface. Nothing to leak, break, puncture with springs.

OP
OP
N

nbonci

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
you guys have all been very helpful!!! thank you so much for the responses!!!

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I would have bypassed bags and gone straight for coils if I'd had the budget. I think the bags are great but every time I check the psi before I tow I wonder "is today the day?".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Air Lift Company

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram
Engine
6.1 Hemi
I know there is a lot of negativity here toward the bags, but honestly we have people run the same bags 20-30 years without issue. Besides the bags come with a lifetime warranty. NOT to say something couldn't happen, but you take the same risk as blowing a tire, or a waterpump, you get the idea...

OP let me know if you have any questions on running a set of bags.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No negativity implied- sorry! I just skipped them because I don't want the hassle of having to inflate, deflate, inflate, deflate and I worry about the lines while driving all the gravel I do- that's why we stopped using them on our trucks on the farm and went with add-a-leaf kits :)

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 1000's and they are perfect for my application. (Unladen 95% of the time and anywhere between 'light' to max payload the rest of the time.)

I can certainly see where they may not be perfect for everyone's individual needs, but for the price and adjustability, they are exactly what I need.

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21
I have the 1000's, but am seriously thinking about upgrading to the TTC-1211's. I still get a fair amount of purpoising (sp?) with the bags at anything less than 25psi. The inflate-deflate cycle sucks. Anyone find the 1211's for sale on amazon or somewhere else online? I can only seem to find the 1210's.

Last edited:

Air Lift Company

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram
Engine
6.1 Hemi
I have the 1000's, but am seriously thinking about upgrading to the TTC-1211's. I still get a fair amount of purpoising (sp?) with the bags at anything less than 25psi. The inflate-deflate cycle sucks. Anyone find the 1211's for sale on amazon or somewhere else online? I can only seem to find the 1210's.

You may want to take a look at our 5000 series before jumping to springs. https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/88365/

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Inflate/deflate cycle?

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Inflate the bags to tow/haul, deflate to daily drive, rinse/repeat.
You doing it by hand? I can stick both sides where I need 'em in just a couple of minutes, if that. Not that I change it often.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On My 09, I had 1000's w/separate lines. On my 14, I went with a single fill point. IMHO, the single point is quite a bit easier/quicker as its a 'one and done' thing vs. taking the time to fill each one equally-individually.

Placement of the fill valve is also key to the ability to be user-friendly. On the 14, I have mine through the 'bumper' plastic just to the left of the 7-way plug. Virtually invisible hidden back there but still very easy to access. (On the 09, it was 2 side by side just to the RHS of the license plate)

An onboard electric fill/deflate system is also available, but I'm of the opinion that might be for SERIOUS users who want all the bells and whistles, and perhaps the 5000 series users who would be hauling heavier stuff on a regular basis.

Springs or bags, its nice to have options.

Ramtop

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4L
I put the 1223v coils on my 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman this spring and here is where I bought them. I also bought the Bilstein shocks and installed them at the same time. I did the whole job both springs and shocks in about an hour. They work great, barely changes the empty ride and sure helps the loaded ride and capacity. They are easy to install and you never have to adjust anything. Airbags you have to adjust and Timbrens are nothing more than "Glorified Bumper Stops" that are larger to kick in quicker.
2009-2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Rear 2wd 4wd - Rear Coil Spring Kit (35% Capacity Increase w/ Variable Rate) [TTC-1223V] | $243.95 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts
2009-2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd - Heavy Duty Bilstein Shock Absorber (Rear) [24-187350] | $72.68 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts

Air Lift Company

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram
Engine
6.1 Hemi
On My 09, I had 1000's w/separate lines. On my 14, I went with a single fill point. IMHO, the single point is quite a bit easier/quicker as its a 'one and done' thing vs. taking the time to fill each one equally-individually.

Placement of the fill valve is also key to the ability to be user-friendly. On the 14, I have mine through the 'bumper' plastic just to the left of the 7-way plug. Virtually invisible hidden back there but still very easy to access. (On the 09, it was 2 side by side just to the RHS of the license plate)

An onboard electric fill/deflate system is also available, but I'm of the opinion that might be for SERIOUS users who want all the bells and whistles, and perhaps the 5000 series users who would be hauling heavier stuff on a regular basis.

Springs or bags, its nice to have options.

Although the single fill is nice because it is a little quicker, you do have to be careful. Teeing the bags together can cause air to transfer from one bag to another going around corners which can really affect ride and handling.

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21
Although the single fill is nice because it is a little quicker, you do have to be careful. Teeing the bags together can cause air to transfer from one bag to another going around corners which can really affect ride and handling.

I currently have mine tee'd to a single stem, can get replacement air lines to rerun the bags to separate stem valves or do I have to buy a whole new kit?

Air Lift Company

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram
Engine
6.1 Hemi
I currently have mine tee'd to a single stem, can get replacement air lines to rerun the bags to separate stem valves or do I have to buy a whole new kit?

Not a problem. PM me your shipping info and I can get a line kit headed your way.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I guess I am the odd man out that wouldn't bother with bags and go straight for coils- but a cushy ride isn't necessarily something I really care about since our roads and highways are already like the moon surface. Nothing to leak, break, puncture with springs.
I learned the hard way, bags didnt last 8 months, one northern ontario winter resulted in a busted bag, lifetime warranty sure but i dont want to change them every year so im shopping for springs too

OP
OP
N

nbonci

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sorry, i have been working like a mad man for the past couple of weeks.....still trying to decide. I came upon the Icon coil springs that are variable rate too....too many options.

OP
OP
N

nbonci

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Also in talking to the tuftruck guy, he said people will see anywhere from 2-4in increase in the rear with the 1223s. how is it possible for such a wide range of increases?