Lets see those Blackout Edition RAM's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Like the title says lets see em. I feel like these are rarer than any other color I have seen. I see maybe 1 a day if that, I did see a lifted 2500 blackout at BJ's yesterday - his bumper came up to my head, it was massive lol

Ill start:

DSC_8461.jpg
DSC_8462.jpg

I have LM5 enabled and must say this truck looks sick with yellow DRL's, I'll try and get a good picture today with them on. Kinda sucks for the 2015+ guys as they stopped the projectors and LED tails on the blackouts.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
041615%2001_zpsmjtt0fjo.jpg

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I hated black. And still kind of do, until I wash it. It shows so much dirt in such a short period of time compared to white, but once you wash it the paint looks liquid.

Also I think on the 2015+ Blackouts that the wheels are semi-gloss, the 13-14's were not, I want to see some 2015+ blackouts to compare but they are definitely different.

Also Maddog, how do you like the inchannel window visors? Do they trigger the safety and roll the window back down on auto up?

Last edited:

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Came within about an inch of getting the mega with the black appearance group instead of my Big Horn mega. Nice to see this 'what might have been' thread :) keep the pics coming!

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
^^ I havnt had mine this long, but I do get a smile on my face when I open the door to go to work in the morning. Also I find my self looking back at it when I walk away from it. Some one told me a while back "if you dont look back at your car after you park it, you dont love it". lol I guess its true..

keep them pics coming!!

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To me, blacked out is blacked out,,,

Seems to be a popular / common theme regardless of manufacturer or even vehicle type, so I'm struggling with any manner of 'rare', 'unique', 'original', 'one of a kind' when it comes to a blacked out vehicle.

But hey, if it floats yer boat, it's time to set sail!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:shakehead: Clearly we are talking about the factory black appearance package. i guess im stuggling with you comprehending that given the pictures seen here, also with "blacked out is blacked out".. Being that no truck company has had this option and Chevy just jumped on the band wagon Ram is kind of the starter of this factory option, and since its an option there are only a few on lots - thus being "rare"..

Im confused, did you come here to troll or were you trying to make valid point? CauseI just see your comment as "black is black, blah blah blah blah, stupid ending catch phrase"

To clarify this thread is for the factory black edition trucks

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/blackexpress/:
2.jpg
and the new black sport package:
1.jpg

Last edited:

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm happy you are sailing away in you sea of black pureness, but dang,, it sure looks a lot like,,,,,,,,, a blacked out Ram, regardless of what you or anyone else's window sticker says it is.

You should (continue to) patrol/correct/INFORM the posters before (and after) me, as I see I'm not the only one who can feel the 'Blackout means blackout, look at mine!' train of thought! LOL!!!

Last edited:

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry War Machine, Jmhm says yours doesn't count.

:)

Last edited: