2nd Gen LED dash light Change DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tactialmonkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V 5.9L
Is there a parts list for how many LEDS are needed and of what kind?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
It's like 10 t5 bulbs if I remember right.

Go to SuperBrightLEDs.com, use their vehicle specific bulb tool, and order stuff cheap from amazon or ebay

tactialmonkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V 5.9L
Awesome thanks! How bout the climate control I got a 96 so I don't have the fancy lighted switches and such

tactialmonkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V 5.9L
So I sanded my gauges and have been running through the speed trap of reset my mph needle..., the climate control overlay on the 96 is not the same process can anyone help me figure out to to get rid of that horrid color with out sanding the selection position off? I planned on using orange leds

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is a little late, but there isn't a way to get rid of the tint on the climate control. I used three 2" halos and positioned them behind each knob to kind of overpower the tint. I straight wired them into the dash light circuit but for a 96 I'm not sure where you could find to tap. I used the cup holder light.

tactialmonkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V 5.9L
I'm going to attempt to use different chemicals to sort of wipe the blue off the back the guy at the LED shop suggested trying different rubbing alcohols or nail Polish removers on a q tip to remove the blue as its the last layer

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The issue I had was that when I wiped the blue away, the picture on the front went away as well. The tint is what defines the image on the front, otherwise it's just a clear circle. It's not like the gauges.

tactialmonkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V 5.9L
I used hand sanitizer and isopropyl 70 and it worked to remove only the blue