Dodge ram 50 6.7 Cummins drag truck-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That_Damn_Kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 la
Howdy ya'll!

Me and a couple of buddies were bull****ting the other day- and the topic of desil powered drag trucks came up. My question is, how difficult would it be to to modify one of the mid 80s ram 50 with a 5.9 or 6.7 under the hood-

I recognize that a transmission swap and rear end swap would be a must- mostly I'm currious as to whether the frame could handle that much power without adding too much weight, and is the block too long to fit under the hood?

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
What kind of power are you aiming for? The whole front end would have to be beefed up forsure. If you dont want to mess with all the beefing up then maybe look into putting the cab on a stronger frame

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Howdy ya'll!

Me and a couple of buddies were bull****ting the other day- and the topic of desil powered drag trucks came up. My question is, how difficult would it be to to modify one of the mid 80s ram 50 with a 5.9 or 6.7 under the hood-

I recognize that a transmission swap and rear end swap would be a must- mostly I'm currious as to whether the frame could handle that much power without adding too much weight, and is the block too long to fit under the hood?

It could be done. I saw a Suzuki Samari have a 1000+ HP Cummins!