Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Many of you know I have an OCD with Motor Oil... I have since I was 16...

I have also been a long time member @ BITOG.com since 05...

I was recently asked by Gena Fishbeck a member of the Pennzoil Team...
to participate in a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum {PUP} w/Pure Plus UOA program...

Pennzoil sends me a Case of PUP @ the viscosity of my choice along with a UOA sample kit... {Free Oil Change}! I run my normal OCI cycle then take a sample and send it in... {I think the kit is Blackstone Labs}... Then Pennzoil gets sent a copy as well as myself to see the actual benefits of using PUP...

Then the Pennzoil Team sends you another Free Case of PUP and a UOA kit to back up your first results...

Pennzoil is basically trying to get long time loyal users of other brands of Oil to switch to PUP with the Free oil changes and seeing the beneficial results with using this oil... with hope of you continuing to use their oils...

I myself already have Pennzoil Ultra in my crankcase now... It is not the Pure Plus version with {GTL} technology...>Gas to Liquid!

I will drain the Ultra in December and start my UOA program with the PUP... and follow my OLM...

For those of you who might be interested in doing this Visit www.bobistheoilguy.com and create an account and message GenaFishbeck She will get your information and get you a Kit sent out...

I will post my UOA in this thread once I get my UOA report back for all to see... I know PUP is Pennzoil {Flagship} Synthetic Oil...I will be using 5W-30 Viscosity... It will be really interesting so see the first UOA of my 5.7L using this oil...

Go give Gena a Shout! It would be interesting to see other members accept this challenge and post their UOA here in this thread as well....

Oh: Just for everyone info... Who use PYB... There is some Very Serious Talk over at BITOG about Pennzoil using GTL base in their PYB... Which is creating quite a stir.... A conventional oil {PYB} having all the same benefits as Pennzoil Platinum @ half the price....
New Update-->It seems it just might be the PYB 10W-30....

Last edited:

AcerOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
'13 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemmskii
I like this. Im running the PUP now so im looking forward to the results.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If Penzoil Yellow was gas to liquid, I'm sure they would say so. Anyhow, great stuff either way.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Many of you know I have an OCD with Motor Oil... I have since I was 16...

I have also been a long time member @ BITOG.com since 05...

I was recently asked by Gena Fishbeck a member of the Pennzoil Team...
to participate in a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum {PUP} w/Pure Plus UOA program...

Pennzoil sends me a Case of PUP @ the viscosity of my choice along with a UOA sample kit... {Free Oil Change}! I run my normal OCI cycle then take a sample and send it in... {I think the kit is Blackstone Labs}... Then Pennzoil gets sent a copy as well as myself to see the actual benefits of using PUP...

Then the Pennzoil Team sends you another Free Case of PUP and a UOA kit to back up your first results...

Pennzoil is basically trying to get long time loyal users of other brands of Oil to switch to PUP with the Free oil changes and seeing the beneficial results with using this oil... with hope of you continuing to use their oils...

I myself already have Pennzoil Ultra in my crankcase now... It is not the Pure Plus version with {GTL} technology...>Gas to Liquid!

I will drain the Ultra in December and start my UOA program with the PUP... and follow my OLM...

For those of you who might be interested in doing this Visit Used Oil Analysis - Bob is the Oil Guy - Bob is the Oil Guy and create an account and message GenaFishbeck She will get your information and get you a Kit sent out...

I will post my UOA in this thread once I get my UOA report back for all to see... I know PUP is Pennzoil {Flagship} Synthetic Oil...I will be using 5W-30 Viscosity... It will be really interesting so see the first UOA of my 5.7L using this oil...

Go give Gena a Shout! It would be interesting to see other members accept this challenge and post their UOA here in this thread as well....

Oh: Just for everyone info... Who use PYB... There is some Very Serious Talk over at BITOG about Pennzoil using GTL base in their PYB... Which is creating quite a stir.... A conventional oil {PYB} having all the same benefits as Pennzoil Platinum @ half the price....

Awesome!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Gena has asked me for the URL of this thread so She can visit and talk with those who are interested.... I bet she will be more then willing to attempt to answer any of your questions the best She can...

dtexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would love to sign up for this. I have been using this oil in my last two cars and recommend to everyone I know.

Reactions: SyN

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I searched for her user name on BITOG but came up empty. The search function on that sight is kind of quirky. I'd love to participate. I have PUP in my fright right now and plan to change it at 7500 miles

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Nutshell: Here is a thread that Gena posted in...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...27/Re:_I_would_like_to_extend_my_#Post3856727

She has the last post! Just click on her name and send her a PM and tell Her you would like to participate..

To save some time... Give Her your name and shipping address... Also she will ask for a phone # as well... for shipping purposes... Make sure to tell her what Viscosity you prefer as well... {She will be willing to answer any of your questions}...

Hope this helps...

She has already shipped out Kits... A few members of BITOG has already received the kits and posted pic of the the Kit... So this is no scam or gimmick!

I just received the Reassurance from Gena that there is NO cost in this program the UOA is Free as well!

Last edited:

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Cool. I run Amsoil in my Harley and my HHR. I'm thinking about my truck getting synthetic, but it is an old worn engine. Probably not worth PUP.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like a great deal!
I'd enroll in the program if I wasn't already swimming in oil from my current stash. (I'll still have ~3 cases~ left by this December,,, might be 'out' by 2017,,, That, and I currently have (6) filters on hand as well. LOL!)

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Jimmy: In my opinion-->If your old worn engine does not burn {Any} or very little oil between oil changes nor have any oil drips or leaks...

I see no reason why you can't do this program... It's Free!

How many miles does this {Old Worn} engine have on her?

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I switched over to PUP this past year and so far so good. I need to do a UOI on it since I got one with the amsoil. I have 130,000 miles on my Hemi and as of the last UOI, there was very little wear to speak of. it is well broken in and does not use any oil.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
All oils can have sediment from sitting, even Redline can. Do not worry one bit unless you cut the bottle open so you can feel it and there is any gritty feeling to the sediment. That sediment is nothing to the sediment that comes from the combustion process. Even though all of the additives are oil soluble, doesn't mean things wont fall out of suspension from time to time. Couple heat cycles and trips through the oil pump all is well. Next time shake the bottle and get those additives back into the oil :)

You can always post a pic, but most sediment is very normal.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Jimmy: In my opinion-->If your old worn engine does not burn {Any} or very little oil between oil changes nor have any oil drips or leaks...

I see no reason why you can't do this program... It's Free!

How many miles does this {Old Worn} engine have on her?

167000 miles and she smokes when I start it up and knocks quietly.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
interesting, glade i found this considering pennzoil platinum on my 2015 ram an next oil change. is this the best oil they have out now that claims to be from natural gas? if i read right they will supply the oil? and the test materials? do you have to pay for the test or is that part of the thing they are doing?

thad8403

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
interesting, glade i found this considering pennzoil platinum on my 2015 ram an next oil change. is this the best oil they have out now that claims to be from natural gas? if i read right they will supply the oil? and the test materials? do you have to pay for the test or is that part of the thing they are doing?
I just talked to her today and they're shipping some oil to my house along with the test for free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm running this in my 2015. I dumped the factory fill at 2500 and over the last 1000 miles I can definitely hear the motor is much quieter...not that it ever made any noise.