Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
decided to try this. hoping i get the oil soon approaching first oil change soon. probably going to sound like a dump question but i have never done an oil test on anything before... what exactly does the oil test tell you?

also, my main concern with pennzoil is sludge, I've heard rumors from lots of people, mostly older generations from 25 years ago... that pennzoil caused sludge and this or that etc. will an oil test tell you the quality of the oil say after 5-6k when you change it to know if theres any risk of sludge?

does anyone know how long this pure plus oil from natural gas has been around?

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Was she gonna post on here? I would give it a shot but I just changed mine not to long ago to amsoil....

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope she does post it up here , I'd try it too !

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
also, my main concern with pennzoil is sludge, I've heard rumors from lots of people, mostly older generations from 25 years ago... that pennzoil caused sludge and this or that etc. will an oil test tell you the quality of the oil say after 5-6k when you change it to know if theres any risk of sludge?

does anyone know how long this pure plus oil from natural gas has been around?

I can't say how long it has been around in engine oil, I don't think it has been that long but I could be wrong. Maybe longer in some different engine types like airplanes or something. I think these Penzoils are the first otc to use it as a base, but that is just a guess. Think about it, why to go to that effort when oil just comes from the ground? Most companies would just hydrocrack it then toss some calcium and stuff and call it a day. It is puzzling why Penzoil did this, but it is to the users benefit. Super clean base oil, and if you have any concerns I would let those go, it is the best stuff around next to the Esters.

As far as any oil causing sludge, that is very rare. Most sludge is a result of running oil too long, poor pcv, poor engine design, poor oil flow, hot spots. I have nothing to gain by saying so, I don't use Penzoil at the moment, but they make the best otc products right now. All of the oil guys first choice is Penzoil. It has been polled many times and Penzoil comes out on top with guys who are in the muck with their oil, like me. Interesting for some reason Valvoline is usually second, my guess is second would be M1. Ok I'm ramblling.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So I looked up the process, it is actually easier to use GTL then to filter and crack it. But regardless, it is a very clean base and is easier to get to 20 weight then ground oil, it is thinner by nature.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Gena asked for the url of this thread... I assumed she had plans on making an appearance... As well as answer any questions...

I just sent her a PM asking her --->If she has time to visit this thread and explain the kits and answer a few questions...

Last edited:

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm running it now and offered Gena a UOA as a testimonial if you will of how it works in a Hemi. I was told this program is only for new users looking to switch. Too bad, as it's cheap advertising for them for a satisfied customer to take the time to say how well a product works.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sorry Nutshell: Here was her response from my message I sent her...

Hi Lonnie - Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, we are only reaching out to members of the BITOG community at this time. To clarify, we are looking for people who are not currently using Pennzoil, so they have the opportunity to compare Pennzoil Synthetics against our competitors. If members of the Ram Forum would like to participate, they can reach out to us on BITOG as several have done already. Thank you again for spreading the word, sharing your experience with us, and participating in the program! Best, Gena

For those who ARE interested... Visit BITOG and message her... Make sure to stress you are not currently using Pennzoil...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pretty ignorant to not go after Rams seeing the partnership with Chrysler and Penzoil. If they tossed a couple cases our way it would have went miles. If I was running there PR, I would make the offer to say 5 members from every different site. It would get a lot more mileage, because BITOG already knows the value of Penzoil, lol. Anyhow, regardless of Penzoil not reaching out to us, the stuff is still on top of the heap as far as the OTC stuff. BTW, Redline aint reaching out either, this forum is ripe for the taking if any oil companies are watching. Hopefully it would be Redline, Motul, Amsoil or Penzoil, but I aint gonna beg.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Hey Syn, thanks for trying though, worth a shot.

:waytogo:

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Ya! I had good hopes at first! But Now I am really some what disappointed in the way this program is being run...

I would think the more Positive UOA posted and Positive responses-->The more members who are not using PUP might consider it...

Anyway... It does not stop members here... visiting BITOG and creating an account and messaging her and telling her you have been a long time Valvoline / Castrol / Havoline / Bla Bla and explain you would really like to try the PUP... It's worth shot to get 2 free oil changes...

Ya I agree... Screw Begging! I will use my kit for my winter oil change... I will change it around the 1st of December... I will at least keep the PUP in the crankcase for at least 10K miles... No sense draining this Robust Synthetic oil early... I will post my UOA here once I receive it back...

I do apologize for making it sound like everyone who asks for a kit will receive one... Just remember if you do make the time to message her... {You are not a Regular Pennzoil User}...

Last edited:

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hmmm must not care to much bout it..... I ain't chasing her around. Obviously doesn't want to many new customers. I'll just stick to amsoil then....... she can come here if she wants a new customer.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Just so members here don't think I am blowing smoke about her asking for the URL for our Forum here... Here is her actual message back to me...

"Thank you for sharing the opportunity with the Ram Forum, Lonnie. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for their requests.

Do you mind sharing the link to the thread with us? Perhaps, we can reach out to users on the forum and invite them to participate."

Thank you again! We'll be sending your kit out shortly.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd say the Penzoil PR is working through Syn LOL !
Based on what I've read here on this forum I've decided to go with PUP .
Burla your right though they could get much more mileage if they wer to take a more agresive approach !

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Gena is sending me some out to try when it comes time to change out my Royal Purple.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I am joining as well. Thanks!

Reactions: SyN

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd say the PR for PUP is working ...

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Guys Make sure you take the time and post your UOA within this thread once you get it back...

Congrats to all of those who Gena sent the kits out too... Thumbs Up!!

I actually didn't think to many members here would make the effort to visit BITOG and even bother making an account and PM Gena and asking about the UOA program... To me it was a No Brainer... {2 Free Oil Changes with Pennzoils Flagship Oil along with 2 FREE UOA kits}... A little more then a $100 Value!

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If you ever chat with her or anyone from Penzoil, ask them why if Ultra and platinum are both GTL, why are their NOACKS so different. Doubt you would ever get an answer, but I would sure like to know. And how in the world PYB has a NOACK similar to Ultra but platinum is so high. The one thing that perplexes me about Penzoil. They have to have a viscosity improver or something else to get PYB Noack down to 6.5?

Last edited: