My 2nd Truck A 2004 Quad Cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a phone call that my title is in. Truck is officially mine. :waytogo:

Now I have to figure out how to get it to my people to take care of what ever issues it has. :crazy:

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice rig! Congrats.

Thanks! Once I get this code taken care of I hope to enjoy and put the truck to work. :waytogo:

Also, went to motor vehicle yesterday got the truck registered, title in my name, set of plates, and temp inspection sticker. :crazy:

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An update - The truck tossed another code. Scheduled it to go in to the shop for this Saturday. Also, getting 4 new Cooper AT3s for it. While it's in the shop I might as well get the tires I was going to get for it next month. :waytogo:

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just found out the catalytic converter failed do to the O2 sensor failure.

Can't stress enough not to go to this place to purchase because the service department is almost non existent, and these guys don't check out anything else they just replace what the computer tells them even though they know something else could be effected. :Rant:

Sorry for the rant, but this is costing me more money then I thought and money I don't have. :word:

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I didn't speak to soon. Truck is running just fine now. Took it on it's first mid range drive to PA today. Truck drove just fine. :waytogo:

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spoke to soon. Truck tossed code number 3. :bawl:

What do I need to do to enjoy this truck? :bawl:

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the code turned out to be a bad EGR valve that was replaced under the short term warranty I had from the purchase. Don't know if it was just a defective part or if those damn guys over at the place I purchased it from didn't know what they were doing.

Which ever way the problem has been taken care of and I spoke to the shop about if the code gets tossed again and we feel a re-flash of the p.c.m. would take care of it, but we would rather not do that. :)

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well 17 days later and still looking good. :)

My g/f said something about wanting to take a ride in it this weekend. I wonder what she means by that. :naughty:

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It must be. With a tri-folding cover on the bed it becomes one huge trunk. :happy175:

I can't imagine that trunk full of shoes... The issue might not be filling the trunk... But where to store the loot when you get back home is the real deal !

The best about this, is that you'll have a good reason to go to the Lumber yard get all the materials in the truck to build a new addition to the house...

More shopping, more hauling... That's the power of... A RAM TRUCK!

:crazy:

OP
OP
JimsRamTruck2012

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't imagine that trunk full of shoes... The issue might not be filling the trunk... But where to store the loot when you get back home is the real deal !

The best about this, is that you'll have a good reason to go to the Lumber yard get all the materials in the truck to build a new addition to the house...

More shopping, more hauling... That's the power of... A RAM TRUCK!

:crazy:

Funny you should say that she is having an addition put on her house for a home office. Giving her a ton of room in the basement for storage. :)

Oh and I'll use any reason to go to a lumber yard, hardware store, and auto parts store. :waytogo: