Abs problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrumrevolution1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My abs light came on about 2 weeks ago out of no where. I recently changed my rear brake pads about a month ago and my front pads about 4 month ago. The brakes pedal also vibrate a little bit when coming to a stop. This only happens on a couple of stops after i start up the truck. The brakes also stick a least once after starting up the truck and driving it. Would could be the probable causes of this issue?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome to the forum, has the truck been doing that since you changed the pads or has it all of a sudden started?

OP
OP
R

redrumrevolution1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The problem happen all of a sudden. I was told the change the speed sensor. I changed the speed sensor already, and it stopped the vibration in the brakes. The brakes are now working without any issues, but the abs and brake lights still comes on when you start up the truck.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
You might simply need to have a code reader reset the ABS code for the lights to go off...I dont believe that simply swapping out the sensor will do it. I may be wrong though.