I'm so sick of the uconnect issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an easy and inexpensive solution for troublesome infotainment systems. A $20 phone mount. Phone is now the infotainment system, no requirement for a middleman. :)

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
They need to release CarPlay for these units.. that would be best for us iOs users. I heard Ford is finally starting to put it in the 2016 cars.

Uconnect is also supposed to get carplay. Too late for our older radios.

Well, looks like 2016 Uconnect will only get Siri Eyes Free.

It would be nice if we could purchase Carplay as an upgrade to our RA3/RA4 radios.

So, Ford is offering a FREE update for my daughters 2012 radio to support Siri Eyes Free. Meanwhile, FCA seems to be saying that we won't be getting any new features.

henryhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 ram with uconnect. Bluetooth was working beautifully with my old Samsung s3. I bought a new note 5 and now Bluetooth skips and glitches every time. It's useless. I'm stuck using an audio input cable and that sux bc it makes a terrible fuzzy noise in the background of my music... fml

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm not one to gloat, but boy am I glad I have the old 430N. Synchs fine with the iphone and doesn't bother with any of that other bull squat y'all are complaining about.

Keep It Simple Stupid

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do iPhone users have these issues? Do Nexus users have the issues as well? Curious to who chimes in with these issues. I have no issues with my iPhone. I find this to be extremely common across pretty much anything phones integrate into. There is no standard for Android, yes "Android" is similar across the phones but then the manufactures layer on their own software which bogs everything down and messes everything up.

Only issue I've had with my iPhone 6 is a few times the Bluetooth has unpaired itself.

It pairs back up on the next start of the vehicle but until then it stays unpaired no matter what your try.

Other than that works about as well as you can expect with limited functionality which is really Apple's fault not UConnect.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8.4an on a 15 ram . $1000 for a non functioning p.o.s! Before the latest update, it worked better but still not as it should. Voice rec. Always sucked. Now there are all kinds of glitches. I have an HTC one m8 And all of a sudden it doesn't work. It's not even showing as paired. It just disappeared. Sometimes I can't add favorite songs. Voice still sucks . It will pick up some names for texts, others it will not no matter what I try ! on nav it has trouble with addresses with voice and yes I speak clearly into the mic. I had a case and they called me from uconnect and told me they only have so many android versions covered!!!!!! Wtf! I knew I shouldn't have bought it. For a grand I don't expect to have to wait forever for a fix . I'm not the only one with these issues. Only reason I wanted is cause of the nice neat look and all the truck settings like your climate and all that.......thanks for letting me vent

Curious....which dealer in Western NY do you go to??

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Curious....which dealer in Western NY do you go to??

Doan. And I'll never go there again. Fing idiots. They delivered the truck to me dirty. No respect whoever was in it. Had dirt marks on the headliner from dirty hands, spilled pop or something on my center console, they had paired their phone and messed with all my settings, etc. Manager said he would clean it and he was sorry. I said I'm sorry too but it's not a $500 sofa, It's a $50k truck and I won't be coming back again (even for service). I don't care if they deal with new vehicles every day. The truck was a new build too, not one on the lot. Took all the excitement of the new car feeling away!

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Iphone 6 personal and GS6 for work. The S6 works 5/10 (it fails to connect half the time). Iphone 9/10 no issues. The issues I have every now and then will happen with voice call, or using pandora when I shut the truck off (like at a gas station), don't disconnect my call or kill the pandora app, and then start the truck back up - bluetooth with connect for a minute or so, and then disconnect. Doesn't return to normal function until I cycle the bluetooth on my phone on/off. But again, most of the time everything works fine with the iphone.

mikegmi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone had their 8.4 just reset in the middle of driving? I have about 1200 miles on my 2016 1500 Crew and it happened for the first time this morning. Entire radio stopped working, screen went black for a second, then automatically turned back on and continued working as normal.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Updates dont help. There are several issues. When i called the tech support line and they made a case for me the final answer was that they cant keep up with the phone android versions. The vr is awful. It doesnt understand certain words no matter how clearly and how many different ways you try. But then works fine with some words. I know some people are not having problems. I dont understand it or maybe they are just not using all the features. The app on the phone never starts my vehicle which i need in the winter cause im far inside a building. I really cant believe they charge $1k for this 8.4 unit! Never again will i get a uconnect product. Im really tired of all the issues with this truck for the price i paid. The uconnect, brake controller, the washer fluid nozzles are acting up again (leaking so there is build up on the liner). Think im just going to sell it. I made a mistake buying a new vehicle.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So your mad because the company can't keep up with the 1323412435345 versions of android out? Be realistic dude. You will run into this issue with any factory car system. Go buy an iPhone.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any company have their problem. Anyway that was not a mistery , on uconnect website they have a list of compatible phone. I have absolutely no problem with my nexus 5 even with lastest android.

But a friend a so much trouble with his Samsung galaxy 5.

I saw many here that was jalous of the sync radio on ford. Did you test the hand free call on the new f-150 ?? I drove for the work a 2015 f-150 last year, and and the mic is junk on those truck. Anyone can't hear me when I was on a hand free call , I was I had to shout to the mic.

The uconnect is not worse than the other company. Anyway just change your cellphone , it will be cheaper than changing of truck

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ You sir do Android right. It's Nexus or bust. It's a shame any other phones are allowed to use Android and give it such a bad rep.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anyone remember the early days of browsers, Internet explorer, Netscape and how they barely worked? Now (20 years later) we barely give these software suites a thought, they all work reasonably well. My point is there are always issues with cross-platform software. We are still in the infancy of this type of integration and early adopters (we ARE early adopters) suffer these growing pains. Yes. R&D is being done at our expense, but such is the way of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Anyone remember the early days of browsers, Internet explorer, Netscape and how they barely worked? Now (20 years later) we barely give these software suites a thought, they all work reasonably well. My point is there are always issues with cross-platform software. We are still in the infancy of this type of integration and early adopters (we ARE early adopters) suffer these growing pains. Yes. R&D is being done at our expense, but such is the way of the world.

That's the problem we as consumers allow this horse-crap, so much of the tech world is put it in the box sell it and fix it later. Shame on us for allowing it!

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Galaxy S6 Edge and it works flawlessly. I am even running a ROM on it that I made myself. If anyone has an S6 Edge and needs help let me know.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That's the problem we as consumers allow this horse-crap, so much of the tech world is put it in the box sell it and fix it later. Shame on us for allowing it!

True, but the tech would cost MUCH more, and we'd be YEARS behind where we are.

These companies are perfectly happy with 90% operational success which is reasonably easy to obtain. The remaining 10% will almost never be achieved, and in truth, not even often attempted. The returns drastically diminish in proportion to the effort expended.

I imagine 90% of uConnect users are perfectly happy with their experience. The other 10% never will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you believe thats the problem, youre a fool. Should computer software companies be allowed to use that too because there are different versions of windows? If they cant keep up then they shouldnt be putting out a product that costs that much if the different versions are the problem. Tell me how some guys have no problems with the VR and some do. Youll see what im talking about if you do a search on some threads here (including mine) about the awful VR. If I knew now what I know about that uconnect head unit, I wouldnt have paid $500. I would just have put an aftermarket in. I just liked the look. Youre paying $500 extra for nav and the vr wont pick up the address? I have to pull over sometimes to type it in. Yes i know about the sending feature now whatever thats called. Come on. Then they expect you to pay monthly for a fing service that doesnt work?! The main reason I would get that service is to be able to start my truck here where it gets below zero from inside my work building which is very far from the parking lot. I have tried everything(reinstalling, loggin out and back in , etc.) What a joke!

So your mad because the company can't keep up with the 1323412435345 versions of android out? Be realistic dude. You will run into this issue with any factory car system. Go buy an iPhone.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963