Fuel filter life reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Voodiloquist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Folks --

Just changed both fuel filters. I am not successful in resetting the "fuel filter life" back to 100% on the vehicle information page. The oil life reset immediately.

'14 RAM 3500 6.7

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you drive the truck afterwords? I know on mine after holding the reset button I would have to drive the truck a few feet and it would reset.

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried everything. Engine off, engine on, driving down the road.

Never had that happen. That's the only thing about these newer trucks the electrical gremlins can be a pain in the ***. About the only other thing I know for you to do is unhook the battery cables for about 10 min to see if that will reboot the system and then try resetting it. It has worked for me on a few other electrical glitches.

OP
OP
V

Voodiloquist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Folks,

2014 RAM 3500 6.7

I would just like to verify that someone on this forum has successfully reset the "fuel filter" back to 100% life by selecting "reset", then "push and hold OK to confirm". I just had the truck in the shop for the myriad of recalls and they could not reset the fuel filter and resorted to using their computer for the reset.

They could not ascertain whether or not something is wrong but it seems obvious that if it won't reset then it is busted. I tried again to reset when she went to 99% life but was unsuccessful.

Thank you,
Patrick

andrewhathcoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 2500
Engine
6.7 l diesel
2016 ram 2500 6.7 fuel filter reset

I read a lot of forums about resetting the fuel filter life on my 2016 ram 2500 6.7 SLT. I was about to give up and go to the dealership when I accidentally reset the fuel filter life. So here is what worked for me. Scroll to vehicle info, then scroll to fuel filter life, press and hold down the right arrow to select reset, when asked to confirm Yes or No scroll down to yes then press the (+ acceleration) button for cruise control. Hope this helps someone.

VectorUzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.1
Fuel Filter Life Reset Problem

Greetings,

I am having the same problem with my 2016 RAM 2500 6.7 and tried your suggestion of using the + button to reset the fuel filter life but it did not work for me.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks

tuckerdog1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Found this thread, as I also was having no luck resetting the fuel filter life on my 2016 2500 6.7 CD. Tried everything suggested here, as well as ideas I found on other forums. Even read the owner's manual ( what a concept ). Nothing worked. Today, into the dealership for some service. Asked about this issue. The service manager had it reset first try. So what was the difference in what he did vs what I did? The only thing different was the very last step. After hi-lighting YES on the confirm reset screen, you are supposed to press the RIGHT pointing arrow button. I had done this ( several times in fact ). But I HELD the RIGHT arrow button down. This guy just gave it a very fast tap. That was the only difference. And BAM I was showing 100%. Hope this helps.

Tuckerdog1

DOGE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
fuel filter life reset procedure

reset procedure. After you change the frame and engine fuel filters go to the fuel filter life screen. push right arrow to reset. you will see on the screen either cancel or ok. If cancel is shown push down arrow. Ok should be displayed. Push right arrow 3 times in less than 10 seconds (just like when you reset the oil life with the accelerator pedal). It will reset within 5 seconds.

sck615

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Did what one member said about quickly tapping right arrow when "Yes" was highlighted. Not sure if that was it. Immediately after that I tried tapping 3x quickly. Not sure when it changed to 100%. So, one of these methods worked for me. I then took key out and started truck, now it showed at 99%.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks

Tuckerdog1 Thank you so much I was getting frustrated after I did I couple of trips to buy the righ tools to change the fuel filters on my Dodge RAM 2016 6.7. I try everything to reset the fuel filter life and nothing, until I did the quick tap on the right arrow and did work. Thanks

FMPRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel
Tuckerdog,
Thank you for the post on re-setting the fuel filter life. The filter changes took me a total of about 20 minutes, followed by 45 minutes of trying combination of screens and pushing buttons, based on instructions and other posts. Your "quick tap" of the right arrow reset it first try.

calinb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2016
Engine
3.7 6-cyl, 6.7 Cummins
Yup--quick tap on right arrow button after highlighting "YES" worked for me too. The funny thing is this is my second fuel filters change and I had no trouble the first time without even looking at any documentation. I guess I just got lucky the first time and today I could not remember exactly what I successfully did a year ago. Thanks to this thread, I didn't waste more than about 5 minutes on the problem. Thanks everyone!

bootucker10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 l diesel
right arrow three times worked immediately . thanks

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Found this thread, as I also was having no luck resetting the fuel filter life on my 2016 2500 6.7 CD. Tried everything suggested here, as well as ideas I found on other forums. Even read the owner's manual ( what a concept ). Nothing worked. Today, into the dealership for some service. Asked about this issue. The service manager had it reset first try. So what was the difference in what he did vs what I did? The only thing different was the very last step. After hi-lighting YES on the confirm reset screen, you are supposed to press the RIGHT pointing arrow button. I had done this ( several times in fact ). But I HELD the RIGHT arrow button down. This guy just gave it a very fast tap. That was the only difference. And BAM I was showing 100%. Hope this helps.

Tuckerdog1

Yup I did the same thing of holding the rt arrow. After about 3 tries and 100 choice words, I did the quick hit and worked.