Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwndriver14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for a remote start for my 2010 1500 sport without factory remote start. I saw the viper smart start system but can't seem to get enough info on them. Anybody have any input on them? I would like something that I could use my phone to start it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a viper remote start with the smart start system in my Tacoma I had before the dodge. I freaking loved it, it worked great. I hate that I didn't remove it when I got rid of the Toyota so I could put it in my ram. You can lock, unlock, start the engine, shut off the engine, turn on panic mode, and check all kinds of stuff real time like if your doors are closed, hood is open etc all from your phone. You never have to worry about locking your keys in your truck. And there's no range limit. If your phone has signal and your truck is somewhere it has cellular signal, it works.

Only 2 things that I can think of that are negatives. For one, it has a yearly fee since you are basically installing a cellular receiver in your truck. I think it is around 50 or 60 a year. If you get the gps enabled unit that can track your vehicle, it is a little more.

2nd, which wasn't an issue for me but some people don't realize this, it isn't completely instantaneous. It usually takes 3 to 5 seconds for the vehicle to receive the command from your phone. Personally I think this is pretty reasonable for everything that needs to happen to start a vehicle from a cell phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963