'76 Body on a newer Chassis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simont122

Reaction score
Ram Year
'76
Engine
Hi All, new here.

I hope i've got this in the right section. I have an old '76, long wheel base, automatic, 4x4, dodge truck sitting in the yard and I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm thinking, of lifting the body off, and putting it onto a late 80's early 90's 12v Cummins 4x4 Ram. Making one hell of a truck.

Is there any info on such a thing? Areas of this forum? Or any links which will provide any info on it? Also which model truck would be the best donor truck for frame/body line up?

Only ideas in the air at the moment, but any help, info or advice would be appreciated.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
all the body mount holes should be in the same spots or close enough to work. the only big time consuming thing i see you running into is bringing the 2 wiring harness together to make it all work.

Morganstruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everybody!! I am new to this forum stuff, so please forgive me.. I have a similar question. I came across 1985 w100 that has the original power train 318,727 forgot transfer case. Dana 44 and Chrysler 9.25. For some reason the owner cut the top off to make unique vehicle at best. I found a 1976 d100 cab with a 318 and 4speed manual. I can get both trucks really cheap. The '76 was in a crash and frame is bent. Will the cab work on the 85 frame. And will 80's model doors work? To keep the body lines the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.