Places to mount LED pods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I do alot of driving on roads without streetlights, looking to add some pods. I'd want to do it like the Jeep people do it on the sides of the windshield, but now sure how that'd look.

I would also consider a lightbar, but again not sure where to put it. I don't want to look like those kids that slap em on for looks, I actually would use it.

Maybe behind the grille?

I have an aftermarket bumper that I could try mounting a smaller lightbar too?

Anyone have pictures?

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
i just put mine in the stock foglight location. roof bars look like junk and so do ones on the hood IMO. pods will be more than enough. they are for me.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I put 2 on a Westin grille guard. Has 2 predrilled holes for it even. I would recommend spot pattern btw. Mine are floods and absolutely useless
20150909_165818.jpg

Last edited:

Jrock2394

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I'd want to do it like the Jeep people do it on the sides of the windshield

For the love of God do not put them there. A kid around here has them mounted up at the corner of the hood by the side mirrors and it looks like monkey ass. Leave that location for the jeep guys.

I put pods in this stock fog light holes, looks clean and used the stock brackets. Also have a lightbar, not for looks, it helps tremendously when you have smoked headlights, live on a dirt road, and work 2nd shift.
f79ae2231f387f1fc943a7b60b505166.jpg

Last edited:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
roof bars look like junk and so do ones on the hood IMO.

I can agree with you to a point. I like my light bar as far as function, but the past couple weeks I'm growing tired of looking at it and the way it looks on my truck, but I use it a lot and if I take it off I'll get that situation where I need it and don't have it.

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No light bars on roofs unless you want me to make fun of you.

Leave the lights off the hood by the a-pillar, as stated it looks cheesy and I will make fun of you.

As far as location and what not, looking at your picture the bumper looks home made. Why not get some flush mount pods and cut the 3" hole out of the bumper and mount them like that? From a legal stand point you'll want the flood pattern if you plan on running them on the streets. Spots you have to point down, which defeats the purpose. If you pay the money for the Rigid floods, then they work great. I have them on mine.

Alternatively, you can do LED headlight bulbs as well. Probably do more for you than the pods.

OP
OP
Mohpar

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
i just put mine in the stock foglight location. roof bars look like junk and so do ones on the hood IMO. pods will be more than enough. they are for me.

I don't have a stock bumper anymore :( but yours look good :)

As far as location and what not, looking at your picture the bumper looks home made. Why not get some flush mount pods and cut the 3" hole out of the bumper and mount them like that? From a legal stand point you'll want the flood pattern if you plan on running them on the streets. Spots you have to point down, which defeats the purpose. If you pay the money for the Rigid floods, then they work great. I have them on mine.

I'm thinking this is my best bet. Could do a whole light bar near the top instead of pods in that case. I'm concerned that it will be difficult for someone to cut a space for the light bar with straight lines. I'll leave that to them though.