Replace 00-01 steering 2wd with 99 steering 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txlakefolk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need to find out if i can strip a 99 2wd suspension system complete calipers,rotors,steering linkage if it turns left or right and goes up and down whole sys installed in a 01 thats all it needed was ******* spindles,coils,rear flip with c notch thats it!!!Now i got a truck i cant properly lower SAFE But if i wanted a 2wd BIGFOOT Monster Truck jacked up 6ft they make kits for that really 2wd lifted buy a 4x4 like the big boys do!Sorry at the end of this to much time wasted with a simple project if anyone can help PLEASE if i get kicked off for my gram and tude i dont give a ****!! Cause i will never buy a MOPAR again!! :puke:

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Well Welcome to the forum!:)

If you switch everything over you should not have a problem, I don't believe you'd need to switch steering linkages.

So are you looking for a 4/6 drop?

This is a picture of mine with a 2/4 drop with the hanger flip in rear.
Beauduke has this set up as well and so does dodgedrew.

Let us know if you need anything.

Together we can do a whole lot with these Mopars.

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
T

txlakefolk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for your response and insight very helpful to know more about this hanger flip i hear about what is all involved cause this is a new one to me ,I just want good ride and most of all safe my son will start driving soon you know what i mean,I wanted a 4/6 but it has turned into to much BS so I know i need 2in frt springs out back this flip hanger im not familiar with would to know more like how much does lower it and will shackle kit be needed also
Thanks I was having a girl moment earlier LOL its I have done 15-20 trucks and never ran across anything like this

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I have 2 inch drop western coils up front hanger flip in rear with drop shackle to achieve 4 inches. also have nitro drop 2 shocks all around. they sell complete kits for a few hundred or you can piece one together.

BeauDuke01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea, its a bit of a ***** lowering an 01, but stick with it, 2nd gens look damned good lowered.

OP
OP
T

txlakefolk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I flipped drivers shackle 2 holes dont line up right drill out and tighten the **** out of it not feeling good about 2 holes wollard out will they hold true,Any info ill take will be online checkn post and before i do otherside in morning Thanks guys

BeauDuke01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been rolling around like that for a year, and havent had any issues, just use locktight, and check your bolts every now and then.

OP
OP
T

txlakefolk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks gotter done today trying to figure out how to post pics bare with me,Started this wanting 4/6 Ended up with a 2.5/4.5 got pissed used yalls hanger flip,lower shackle from AUTO ZONE $39.95,cut exactly 1 coil off and it turned out fine,Thanks for all the help and schooling learned and saved LOL i will try to post all step by pics asap

OP
OP
T

txlakefolk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
01 ram 2/4

fixed

Attachments

• IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg