Fog Light Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gearbox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
I have a 2006 Ram 1500 with a 3.7 liter V6 and recently installed a fog light kit. The kit I purchased was a factory mopar kit that should have been a plug and play deal.
But as luck would have it, instead of having different front bumpers and the same wiring harness like other vehicle manufacturers, Dodge uses the same front bumper and different wiring harnesses. So the kit had to be modified. :superhack: I had to cut the plug off of the harness that the lights came with. Then I found which wire gave power to my low beam lights and spliced the fog light power wire into it. Then I grounded the fog lights to the frame. Also in order to replace the light switch you have to take the dash apart.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would use a relay instead of tapping right into the low beams. You pretty much just doubled the amperage draw on the low beam circuit.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Maybe he meant that it was legal 5 years ago and now it's not? Would that still fall under the influence of thread necromancy?