My v10 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 v10 4x4 w/ Plow

The truck was originally going to be a 7" lift with 38s but decided thats a little much and have gone with 35s and a 3." I plan on restoring it to rust free then building up the motor. Already have a crower cam for it and the crank redone.

Suspension
99 HD T style conversion tie rods
Tufftruck 2.5" Coil Springs - 5000lb rating (snow plow so 2")
1" Coil spacers
0-3" Dodge off Road HD Track bar
BENT Dodge off road Control Arms (more tire room)
Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks
Sway bar currently removed

Axles
5.13 Gears
Detroit Locker rear
4x4 posilok cable actuator front
Dynatrac Balljoints
Timken hubs front

Performance
SCT Tuner
Exhaust 2.5" duals, x pipe/borla
JBA Headers

In process of building a spare v10 will post it's build later. Been focusing on the truck more.

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
5.13s to only run 35s? With that torquey engine? Nahhhh 4.56 would be more than plenty

OP
OP
J

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
As the post said, it was originally for 38s. Yes I do have my torque available at lower rpms! Not the horses though.

Still reasonable power band.

gear20chart.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
I've been very busy but Got all new brake lines on it and removed ABS box and put proportion valve for rear brakes. The speedo problem ended up being a bad wire that was discovered doing brake lines. Got a mirror for passenger side and got a new fender too for passenger. In search of driver fender currently and need to drill some bolts out that broke off taking sway bar off

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I've been very busy but Got all new brake lines on it and removed ABS box and put proportion valve for rear brakes. The speedo problem ended up being a bad wire that was discovered doing brake lines. Got a mirror for passenger side and got a new fender too for passenger. In search of driver fender currently and need to drill some bolts out that broke off taking sway bar off

I see your signature has been updated, not sure when ya did that but looks like a great list so far. Hows that exhaust sound?

OP
OP
J

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Sounds great but I need to remove the air pump that was originally for the cat.. lol. Nothing like pumping fresh air into exhaust for emissions.. anyway it whines and sounds awful seen some write ups on guttint it but truck sounds like a viper. I love it. Pushing 3k rpm around 70 with stock tires.