Problem filling gas tank ... vent tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OverKill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hi,
I want to check for blocked vent tube,because I can't fill my tank normally. Takes forever filling a tiny bit at a time. So, I can not figure out, lol, How to get that damn connector off the vent tube.. Is it a special tool that's needed for this ?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
You're talking about the plastic line next to the filling hose? Probably the check valve, there's a recall for this, your truck might fall into the VIN range.

Sent From The Automotive Proof S5

OP
OP
O

OverKill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
This is the small tube(vent tube) that is next large fill hose . My issue is to how to disconnect the connector from where the small metal tube meets the plastic line. Its not just a rubber line that you just pull off or unclamp.. wished it was that simple..

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Sorry about the delayed reply... you need a "disconnect tool" you can get a set at the parts house. Push it on and pull the line off, I just went through this fiasco myself.

Sent From The Automotive Proof S5