Navrepair.com $400 Nav Activation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
not an ad for them but a heads up. If you can't stomach the $600 fee from the dealer Navrepair.com offers the uconnect nav upgrade for the 8.4 for $400 and its DIY I was up and running within 30 minutes. I still think thats too much to pay but Im sick of cords and stuff stuck to my window so I justified it. just letting everyone know it worked for me, saved $200 and a trip to the dealer. (BTW, my dealer had no clue what i was talking about when asked)

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let us know how it works and all.
Is this for the factory nav?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it is for the dealer activated Nav activation on the RA3.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice indeed !
Unbelievable how different dealerships are , I have several (6-8) within a 45 min drive so I'm fortunate to be able to shop around and it's amazing how very very few are up to speed while so many are so clueless ....?
I think some send all or several techs through the updated training courses and others must just send " a guy " just so it's on record they have an individual factory trained on all or most products ?

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Folks on jeepforum have been doing this activation (8.4 radio) since Dec time frame and have reported no issues. Not saying its worth $400, just that lots of users have done the activation without issue. The same radio is used in RAM and Jeep and other models, just a different splash screen. I've read that the dealer pays FCA $300 for the activation code, the rest of what they charge is labor and dealer markup.

There are some features missing that a OEM 8.4AN would have (traffic integration, top maps, 3D, I think), but for a basic GPS its OK. If you are used to Garmin GPS, its intuitive to use.

DARKNHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I wonder how it will act upon updating firmware. Will you need to reactivate every time?

ozzy_rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder how it will act upon updating firmware. Will you need to reactivate every time?

My thoughts exactly, I wonder if this is some sort of "crack" on the software will it deactivate when updating either the uconnect software or or the maps

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've read that some of the dealer activations have gone through firmware updates without issue.

Its not so much a crack in software. Its more like buying a computer with free trail applications. If you want the full features, you buy a license and apply a unlock code. Now you own the license for that machine. The codes survive OS updates. You may have to reapply the code after a wipe clean and rebuild operation.