What connector is this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vschaos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
http://s31.postimg.org/9r8etitxn/20160422_205134.jpg

Just bought this truck and it had been running fine for last fee months, but every now and then this connector has to be wiggled. It's as if I have no power, but when wiggle it will allow the truck to turn over and start. The connectors need to be changed out I know and will do, but what is the box? On top of this my battery is not charging. I assume it's the alternator. It sat for 5 years and has a new rebuilt 318. I replaced battery and only drive on weekends.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
that is your starter relay connector. as far as charging the battery goes you got to troubleshoot the system. is there 12v at the large lug on the alternator when the engine is running? is there a full 12v at one of those smaller wires on the alternator? you could just possibly have a bad voltage regulator. dodge alternators are very tough and hard to kill.

Sniper X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To me that wiring on the connector looks burned and the insulation is melted. Might want to replace wires back to where they aren't melted or better yet, go to a junkyard and buy the plug and cut the wires as far back on the music truck and replace it on yours. Usually when wires on a plastic plug get hot enough to melt the insulation, they distort the plastic plug and the connectors on it get loose.