Headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dijets

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My headliner board needs replacement- it sags . Can the old board be fiberglass coated so the shape can be restored or does anyone know who makes new boards . I have tried Mopar and its discontinued. When I says sags I mean THE BOARD ITSELF sags.

Any help is appreciated

dijets

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
your best bet is a local junk yard or craigslist.

I doubt you'd be able to find it new anywhere.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
When mine started to sag, I took it out completely and let it sit upside down for a few days so it would flex the other way. Then changed the fabric and reinstalled. On the second year now with no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I just redid mine on the flatbed the other day,

the fabric from joans with my coupon code was about $20 and the can of 3m yellow spray stuff from autozone was $25. They have a cheaper headliner spray, but I figured 3m and only do it once.

Attachments

• IMG_28641.jpg
    IMG_28641.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 71

root0091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9l 360 TBI

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My headliner board needs replacement- it sags . Can the old board be fiberglass coated so the shape can be restored or does anyone know who makes new boards . I have tried Mopar and its discontinued. When I says sags I mean THE BOARD ITSELF sags.

Any help is appreciated

dijets

I did mine last January and changed the color from that crappy tan to graphite using plastic paint for the vinyl and plastic parts, cloth fabric and spray adhesive all purchased from Wal Mart for about $20. Seems to be holding up well and looks pretty good.

LINK TO THREAD WITH PICS

Jrock2394

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I'm gonna be redoing the fabric on mine soon. What needs to be taken off in order for the headliner to come out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't seem to find the video I watched at the time but it's on Youtube somewhere. Off the top of my head and I could be wrong so use your head here...

Unscrew the sun visors and unplug the mirrors

remove the hand gold on the passenger a-pillar

pull down a-pillars and unplug the tweeters

remove the strap from the passenger side

remove the coat hooks

Remove the dome light

remove the overhead console

The whole process should take less than an hour. The a-pillars are snapped in place. Just make certain you don't bend the headliner taking it out.

root0091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9l 360 TBI
When finding a material to use, make sure you measure first. 36" on a single cab is very close, which is what Walmart mainly sells. Make sure you use plenty of adhesive as well. Very easy to do, and will look nice in the end.

Make sure you find a material that will stretch to conform to the corners. I have found a light felt, adheres, and stretches just enough to make all corners wrinkle free.

9.jpg

10.jpg