California Emissions on a 2011 Ram 3500 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdcoleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I leave in Michigan and recently purchased 2011 Ram 3500 dually with a Cummings 6.7 diesel that came from California, I'm looking for ways to improve milage and performance and I'm wondering what California emmision can I remove. If anyone knows please respond. If it matters it is 4 wheel drive and has a 410 rear end.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
In order to remove any of the emission equipment you will need a delete capable tuner first. You could also use SIM's but you will have a CEL on.
Then you can remove the egr system and replace the exhaust (DPF,NOX,CAT). That will get the engine breathing better and not pumping soot back into the engine.
You could also contact Anarchy Diesel or Dave at Daconian diensel and tell them what you are wanting to do and they can get you set-up. Both have good prices on the stuff you want/need.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I don't believe the California trucks have anything different from any other trucks anymore

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Agree as well.

swp1983

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
So what happens when you need to get the truck smog checked? I just had my 2012 CT smogged and was told if any of the emissions stuff had beed messed with it would not pass. I guess you need to have a buddy in the smog shop!? interested bc I'm also in California and would like to open her up!

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Do you have emissions needed in your area? Thats the big question

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
So what happens when you need to get the truck smog checked? I just had my 2012 CT smogged and was told if any of the emissions stuff had beed messed with it would not pass. I guess you need to have a buddy in the smog shop!? interested bc I'm also in California and would like to open her up!
If you are in an area that only smogs for yearly inspections you can do a DPF only delete and leave everything else intact and disabled by the tuner. Then, when it's time for recert you put the DPF back on and remove the tuner a few days before inspection.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is anyone like me and get DPF and DEF mixed up all the time? I think we need more acronyms. EGR, SCR, DEF, DPF, NOX, etc...

To the OP, my father's 2012 got a ~30% bump in mileage with an 'offroad' package.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited: