Heard of a bad oil code? Stealership story.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4 CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mark
First off, thank you for admitting that you paid $127.35 for s synthetic oil change including a 16 point inspection plus tax. I didn't hear you chime in to correct anyone when you told them you paid $200...
Thank you for admitting that their was a diag for a bad oil code. There is no such thing as a scam diag when it is printed up through Starparts with another code attached.
Thank you for using our lousy service department 8 times for your warranty needs.
I believe we looked after you very well all those times.
As far as all the other stuff you are talking about..If you know anything about warranty claims to Chysler, you have to go in the order that the diag comes up to be paid.
I understand that our service manager did tell you that if it does need a sending unit you will be reimbursed. You chose to go to another dealer. You could not prove that the alignment garage that did your oil change was the correct oil after it was asked.
So, thank you for letting us serve you well for 8 out of 9 times. We do our best to help everyone, even if they didn't buy off us.

You should have just kept quiet. This post shows how unprofessional you are. What you did not post is as telling as what you did post. Does your boss know you are posting this?

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You should have just kept quiet. This post shows how unprofessional you are. What you did not post is as telling as what you did post. Does your boss know you are posting this?

Wonder if anyone has copied and pasted or screen shot what he has posted to their Google reviews..........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Also Mopar4life, you never addressed what Jotin posted here about the bulletin regarding P0520 codes.

Probably because he is a Sales Mgr not a Service Mgr (per profile). So he may not be open to anything besides what his service advisor/tech is feeding him.

I'm new to my area of South Carolina, but I'm lucky in that I have 2 dealers within 15 mins of home/work and 2 more 30 mins out. Not sure which one will be best to work with, but I will start with the smaller one closest to home and go from there.

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk

Last edited:

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
it irks me that they even charged ya to scan it.
@ my dealers service dept, the first thing they do when ya bring ya car in is hookup their wireless scan tool thingie and look at any codes/recalls etc on the laptop, and get all yer info that way... and they surely don't charge extra for that....it's just what they do. And they will explain any that do pop up if ya have questions about it.

hell I've stopped by there when the idiot light comes on, and don't get charged...and would be stupid for something like...a loose gascap.

there used to be a sequence ya can do with the key/and some other combo to get error codes to display on yer dash, but I have long forgot and don't know if it can be done on the newer dodge/ram/Chryslers.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
There is nothing more to post. I can post the bill, which he did that showed he embellished, he admitted the code was there above the sensor code, he embellished.
He is telling you a story of yelling and what ever else he can say to pull favor...I understand his frustration, but again, there are two sides and he will tell his, with embellishment, and we know ours. I just wanted him to come out and say we did not over charge. The diag bill and oil change would have been reimbursed. He is being very dramatic now that he was caught lying and has an audience. That is all. Customers that are disappointed will sometimes lash out in different ways.

Wow

Just, WOW!

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been on the fence in all this. Now I am decided- the very fact this dealership has someone actually monitoring these (or this) forum tells me one of two things:

1. They have had this happen before and monitor these forums.

2. They periodically search the dealership name and this came up.

I am leaning towards #2, however that in itself speaks volumes. I smell a rat. As for OP being yelled at- yup, plausible. I can see it.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Actually, I think his appearance is all my fault.

Tried to leave a comment, and link to this thread, on their facebook page.
Was informed, after posting, that my post had to be "approved".

Whole thread is lesson in what not do, or tolerate, from a dealership.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Actually, I think his appearance is all my fault.

Tried to leave a comment, and link to this thread, on their facebook page.
Was informed, after posting, that my post had to be "approved".

Whole thread is lesson in what not do, or tolerate, from a dealership.

That's dealership talk for only allowing positive posts to appear. They all do it though, even the best ones.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
That's dealership talk for only allowing positive posts to appear. They all do it though, even the best ones.
Dewildt's FB page doesn't show any 'reviews' since over a year ago ... Hmm that's telling. And as mentioned, pretty much positive.

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
This thread is a good example of how badly the FCA corporation has lost control of their dealer network. Where's RAMCARE-KORI...LOL...MIA...Please don't be so naive to think the FCA corp cares...they don't...The local Chrysler dealership here had to be sued in court by FCA to get an injunction to stop them from selling NEW VOLKSWAGONS in the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram showroom...Start pulling Franchises from some of these places like G.M. did with some of their BAD DEALERS......

On another note....You never know what LURKS in these dealerships...When I had my issue with my new Ram, I did background checks on all the people I had dealt with during the debacle......YEP.....Criminal arrest for Assault/Battery on one of the dealership employees that deals with us the customer all day every day...SHAME ON FCA........

Last edited:

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
How on earth did you do a criminal background check on everyone?

I did just the people I had contact with during the ordeal. Probably 6-8 people...It was ironic that the person with the most aggressive personality at the dealership was the one with the arrest record...

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did just the people I had contact with during the ordeal. Probably 6-8 people...It was ironic that the person with the most aggressive personality at the dealership was the one with the arrest record...
I am still having trouble understanding this. Do you mean that you can just do a criminal background check on anybody you please in the US without any permission required from the judicial system or law enforcement?

Won't lie- that's creepy as ****.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
I am still having trouble understanding this. Do you mean that you can just do a criminal background check on anybody you please in the US without any permission required from the judicial system or law enforcement?

Won't lie- that's creepy as ****.

YEP...Open records laws have come a long way...Everyone has a right to know who/what their doing business with. The tools are out there in internet la-la land...You just have to know how to utilize them...Just like the license plate on your truck...You think Law Enforcement are the only people that can "RUN" your plate....lol...You would be seriously mistaken...

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
This thread is a good example of how badly the FCA corporation has lost control of their dealer network. Where's RAMCARE-KORI...LOL...MIA...Please don't be so naive to think the FCA corp cares...they don't...The local Chrysler dealership here had to be sued in court by FCA to get an injunction to stop them from selling NEW VOLKSWAGONS in the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram showroom...Start pulling Franchises from some of these places like G.M. did with some of their BAD DEALERS......

On another note....You never know what LURKS in these dealerships...When I had my issue with my new Ram, I did background checks on all the people I had dealt with during the debacle......YEP.....Criminal arrest for Assault/Battery on one of the dealership employees that deals with us the customer all day every day...SHAME ON FCA........

Actually, if the guy had someone willing to testify against him, then I would not be overly concerned about him. It's the ones, whom no one will testify against, come hell or high water, that would give me pause.

Not that many around anymore . . . but there are a few.

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
YEP...Open records laws have come a long way...Everyone has a right to know who/what their doing business with. The tools are out there in internet la-la land...You just have to know how to utilize them...Just like the license plate on your truck...You think Law Enforcement are the only people that can "RUN" your plate....lol...You would be seriously mistaken...

Nevermind.

Last edited:

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been making a living in the digital world of the WWW for 20 years. I know the tools are there, but I also know most aren't worth a **** when it comes to anything legally binding- at least up here. The only thing worth the paper it's printed on here is a certified criminal background check from the RCMP. Guess I thought you were referring to something similar.

I know how to do all kinds of spooky **** with 1s and 0s so I am not ignorant to the ability to dig **** up/ snoop on people, I guess I am just a bit surprised that you would do criminal background checks on dealership employees lol!

tmletourneau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Continuing to stay off topic :) - in many jurisdictions in the U.S. criminal and civil cases are public information. All you need is a name and some time to do searches in the court systems public databases. There are services that will perform multiple jurisdiction aggregate searches for a fee but that's not required. Several employers use such services and the results from the services are easily verified.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

czardog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to put a final chapter on this escapade.

After being urged by several of you to take up the complaint with head office, i finally called FCA in october to notify them of my experience at Dewildt chrysler. It was initiated with a phone call to a customer service representative who expressed utter disbelief that I was charged a diagnostic fee. Based on her reaction I felt pretty confident that i was going to be taken care of…. and boy was i taken care of.

Two months later I got a letter, they told me to suck rocks. I’ve attached the letter.

I called back, notified them about this thread on this forum and all the attention it garnered, thanks to some of your posts, I told her of a bulletin posted by a currently employed chrysler tech which outlined that when a pressure sensor code comes on it more often than not triggers the bad oil code which should be ignored. I pointed out that some other active techs noted that when they see the ‘bad oil” code they unquestionably disregard it because it so needlessly triggered, one tech even said he sees that code every day and doesn’t act on it… Anyhow long story short… i didn’t get anywhere with them.

I was wasting my breather because the fact is, Chrysler should know just by looking at all the paper work I provided that Dewildt simply misdiagnosed the car. This is PROVEN by the fact that the issue came back, and it was after all the Oil pressure sensor that was at fault (thankful replaced by peel).

So I got the answer to my original question which was: Why the hell was I charged a diagnostic fee on a brand new WARRANTIED car, and why was I forced to pay for a $170 oil change???

The answer: Because. They. Can.

And I’ll remind you that when Kori from Ram Cares chimed in here on page 4 of this thread, and reminded everybody that oil changes are not required to be completed at a Chrysler dealership, that keeping your paperwork is sufficient to protect you from any bull****e in the future. What a crock, it didn’t do a thing for me. The point is, and what Kori should have said is:

“you can do the maintenance on your own, just know that any of our more predatory dealers will take advantage of that fact and charge you diagnostic fees on your new warrantied vehicle. Our head office will do absolute nothing to keep the dealership accountable!”

Being honest would at least be fair.

Also on a side note, EVEN if I was wrong, even if the oil wasn’t bad which we now know it wasn’t, doesn’t FCA want to show some good will? this isn’t just a pack of gum after all, it’s $55,000 vehicle.

To be more specific, in 2014 I bought a $45,000 Jeep Wrangler and later that year a $55,000 ram. That is exactly $100,000 worth of product i purchased from this company in one year. And these guys can’t comp a $100 diagnostic fee that was wrongfully charged?

To that I say, screw Chrysler! These are the last cars I ever bought from their company. The hell with Dewildt for being so petty and trying to screw a customer out of a $100 diagnostic fee and forcing an expensive needless oil change. And screw FCA for not backing up it’s customers.

Attachments

• Scan_75.jpg
    Scan_75.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 110