Ac blower?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan08ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 08 1500. The blower will stop working intermittently. Sometimes i turn the truck on and it works but 10min into a drive it cuts out on all speed settings. Sometimes it doesnt work from ignition until halfway through the trip. Also it will blow on a setting from time to time but increase speed as i increase speed. I work on artillery in the army so i can trouble shoot but im lost with wheeled vehicles. Any ideas on where to start?

Bevan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Next Gen V8 4.7L
Check your blower motor resistor for cracks or might be dirty.

snuffysmiff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Similar issue here. Ignition switch. Not the keyed side, but under the steering column cover on the other side. Disconnect the hot wire from the battery first. Air bag inflator is in there somewhere, no need to set that off. The plastic lever on the tilt assembly will just pop off, pull it back towards you. 3 screws to remove the cover, t-20. 2 screws to remove the tilt assembly, not sure size but they are torx, 2 screws to remove the switch assembly, torx also. Remember what screws came out of which location, one is short and one is long. Disconnecting the cable is a bit tricky, as is locking it back on. Make sure the plastic piece inside the new one lines up with the keyed part. I used a hex allen to rotate it just a hair. Then, it's just a matter of attaching everything in reverse order, lining up the covers and making sure they fit right. This is an 04 I did, so yours should be the same, or very close. This was the cheapest part to replace I think, maybe the resistor is about the same $. Around 25 to 35 dollars, depending if you get it online or at a local parts store. If this doesn't solve it, then the motor, or the control unit. Both not difficult to replace, for me, and I'm not an automotive rocket surgeon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam