Fuel Filler pipe question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apochromat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Howdy - look forward to visiting here often. My project is a 1992 D250, with the 5.9 Cummins. It is sound in the drive train, but needs a lot of details fixed. It originally had a utility body on it, but then at some point received a new bed. The existing fuel filler pipe is too short to reach the fuel door.

I ordered a new Spectra filler pipe, but either I'm missing a piece that connects the pipe to the body panel, or I have the wrong filler pipe. I'm suspicious that maybe the bed is a later model, that takes a different filler pipe.

20160911_123723_zps0nlw7akv.jpg

suggestions would be appreciated

OP
OP
A

apochromat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thanks - any idea what it is call in the part lists? I've found references to "fuel filler protector" But after a day of searching I've come up empty.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i don't know what it is called. i think you will have to find one used but it should not be too hard. they are used on every 81-93 ram truck or ramcharger. even if the box or body is rotted out that part should still be in good shape.

OP
OP
A

apochromat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Ah ha! success!

Knocking around Ebay, I found a "filler pipe protector" for a Dodge Dakota. It looks like it will fit, give it a try in the next couple days

OP
OP
A

apochromat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Success!

The fuel filler pocket for a Dakota works, and so it's all installed successfully, now. Thanks for the suggestions!