Part#s needed - 911/Assist auto dim mirror covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi there,

I just retrofitted a used 911/Assist auto dim rearview mirror (part # 68096091AD) to my 2013 RAM 1500 with UConnect 5.
Everything was plug & play no additional wires were needed.
The auto dim function works perfectly, 911 & Assist buttons are illuminated but (as expected) non functional which is fine with me.
No dealer code adding was necessary btw.

Only problem - the mirror mount cover of the manual mirror doesn't fit the new mirror.

Question to the experts - can anybody provide me with the part
#s for the covers and where (except from the dealer) can I get them?
I couldn't find anything online so far.

Thanks for your help!!!

Cheers,

David

P.S.
Added a graphic - I would need #2 & probably #4 as well (even if it looks exactly like the one off my manual mirror)

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Just a sec...
See the optional parts section of DIY 2013+ 8.4 Conversion thread Post 2.

Not sure if the covers listed there are different than the ones you already have from the manual mirror or not.

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidN

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Mpgrimm2, I'm gonna check if I can find any #s on my covers ...

OP
OP
DavidN

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a sec...
See the optional parts section of DIY 2013+ 8.4 Conversion thread Post 2.

Not sure if the covers listed there are different than the ones you already have from the manual mirror or not.

Okay, the covers I took off my manual mirror have the same part #s as shown in the thread you mentioned:
Upper - 1ZA38DX9AA
Lower - 1YW11DX9AA

So obviously there must be different #s for the auto dim rearview mirror.
Hmmm...

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Ok, I got it...
Upper - 1ZA39DX9AA
Lower - 1YW13DX9AB
Thanks for sharing that; I will add the info to my post also.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great info, been wanting to do this to my 2014. I hate not having an auto dim mirror.

OP
OP
DavidN

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great info, been wanting to do this to my 2014. I hate not having an auto dim mirror.

There's one at eBay right now around 65$ complete with the covers!
(Wish I had bought that one. The covers alone set me another 45$ back.)

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is there a difference between the '14-'16 mirror and a '13 mirror?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidN

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hardest part is getting the mount covers off. lol
The rest is super easy.
Grab the mirror & turn it clockwise to unlock it.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As far as I know there is not.

PS: I have a How-to Install the mirror and harness instruction sheet in the 8.4 Radio conversion thread linked previously.
- 2013-2016 Ram RearView Mirror (w/mics) Upgrade & Harness install 7-8-16.pdf

Thanks. I already have the 911/Assist buttons as well as the microphones on my mirror, hoping it will be just a plug and play, no harness. No clue why someone decided to cheap out on the auto mirror with everything else that's on this truck. I mean seriously, you've already got a **** load of electronics built into this mirror, how much more does it cost to add an auto dimming mirror? Maybe $10 on the manufacturing end! That and the fact that it's a 2500 Cummins that came from the factory without tow mirrors are something I will never understand.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok, so I think the auto-dimming mirror I got is a dud. Does any of your auto mirrors have the little green light on it? My '06 had it, this one does not. I've driven to work twice now early in the morning and it's hard to tell if it's doing anything at all. The only way I can get the green light to turn on between the buttons it to press either the Assist or 9*1*1 buttons, then the light goes out when I cancel it. Does this sound right? Place I bought it from says there's a 90 return policy but I'd rather get it to work if I can. Checked the fuse (F101) and it seem fine. Not sure where else to look. Is there a sales code that needs to be flashed?

OP
OP
DavidN

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I *think* with the 8.4 radio you will have the dealership to add a sales code in order to get the auto dim function to work.
On my 5.0/RA2 with voice control the auto dim works without an additional sales code.
(I can't turn it off through radio/evic tho, there's just no menu for auto dim settings.)

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, there's no setting in mine either, just wanted to get clarification before I went to the dealer. I've found multiple sales codes for the Auto dimming mirror, just not sure which one I am supposed to use. I found GN5, GNK and GNT with a JS family code. No clue which one I'm supposed to use.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my Auto Dimming Mirror installed and will be heading to the dealership on Saturday to get the GN5 code added to my truck. Sounds like they've done it before cuz the service manager said "no problem". I will let everyone know how it goes.

I notice that the Auto Dim Mirror sits a little lower then the Manual Mirror I had originally, so that's why you need the different plastic covers. I see it also has a sensor on the backside looking forward, is that for Auto High Beam function??? Wonder if there is a code that can be added to make that work also???

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Got my Auto Dimming Mirror installed and will be heading to the dealership on Saturday to get the GN5 code added to my truck. Sounds like they've done it before cuz the service manager said "no problem". I will let everyone know how it goes.

I notice that the Auto Dim Mirror sits a little lower then the Manual Mirror I had originally, so that's why you need the different plastic covers. I see it also has a sensor on the backside looking forward, is that for Auto High Beam function??? Wonder if there is a code that can be added to make that work also???

I have never heard of anyone being able to get the code for AutoDim added. I believe several have tried and found it's one of many on the long list of codes dealers aren't allowed to add. The sensor on the front is for automatic high beams. I doubt that code will be available to you either.

EDIT: The high beam sensor is a separate piece that sticks off the front. If you're talking about the one on the mirror body itself, that's just the ambient sensor for the AutoDim.

Last edited:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never heard of anyone being able to get the code for AutoDim added. I believe several have tried and found it's one of many on the long list of codes dealers aren't allowed to add. The sensor on the front is for automatic high beams. I doubt that code will be available to you either.

EDIT: The high beam sensor is a separate piece that sticks off the front. If you're talking about the one on the mirror body itself, that's just the ambient sensor for the AutoDim.

Well, I guess I'll find out on Saturday.... Hell even I can't get it to work I still like the fact that the whole mirror assembly hangs down lower. Sure makes it a lot easier to adjust and see out of in my truck.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well I hope they can add it. I swapped my mirror a while back and have been waiting to have the code added till after I swap out mine to my tow mirrors.