Anybody else seen this paint scheme before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle1245

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Hi I'm new to this forum, but I have some questions about my truck. We've had this in our family for 12 years and I've never seen a truck with pinstriping like this, I've looked all over the internet and can't seem to find it. Any thoughts??
The truck is stock other than a lift, big tires, headache rack, and a light bar on the front.

Attachments

• IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 179

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
it could have just been a dealer package or custom paint job to try selling more. there have been many unique packages offered by many different dealers over the years to try selling more vehicles

OP
OP
Kyle1245

Kyle1245

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
That could be it, it still has the sticker from the vermilion dealer in Alberta lol, thanks :)

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
nope. the little red express didn't have the same body lines as the 81-93 trucks. it does look like the same pin striping style that was used on a 70's dodge warlock but still not 100% that same
1978-dodge-warlock-1.png

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 85 had dealer installed pin stripes. Looks like dealer or owner installed not a factory option.
I believe the lil red express and warlock had gold pinstripes- factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter Joy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L (360) TBI V8
My 1989 has a similar one. Just around the body lines though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 53

Sniper X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 1980s were a time when all car companies did specials to help sell their lines over other makers. Chrysler was KING of this! The packages for the trucks alone was huge, so much so it baffled other makers like Chevy and Ford. Just the Dodge trucks had the Warlock, Lil Red Express, and the Macho seires pickups. And there were a few more obscure or even lesser known packages that included mostly just a set of pinstripes, or striping and interior options not available on standard trucks.

A few were like the Top Hand series and Top Kick series. And they even did up some semi to very customized vans as well. With everything from fender flares and exterior custome paint, to bubble windows and full on ******* wagon interiors.

As I said, Dodge was KING of these custom packages.

However, Something as simple as just a set pf pinstripes if it didn't include a set of wheels and or interior differences like custom upholsrry, it was probably a dealer installed option, or just the dealer paying some local company to spruce up their trucks on their lot to make them more appealing to buyers than the next dealer trucks down the street. Yours looks like one of those. If you know which delaer originally sold the truck, you may be able to go there or call there and ask if they did this in the 80s and or 90s.

There was a dealer here who sold Oldsmobiles. Since the only things not really selling to younger kids was Olds, he got the idea to stick custom wheels on the Cutlass 2 door models, and have a local painter paint what was for the times a cool custom but different paint job on every one of them. It worked for about 4 years and he sold a LOT of Cutlass Supremes and Cutlass S cars to teenagers and 20 somethings here in Albuquerque.