bidget lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02silverram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i just got my 2wd 2002 SLT kinda wanna lower it. but im on a fixed limited income. thought about a front leveling kit but its going the wrong direction lol. i dont want anything major maybe just a 2''/4'' or 3''/5'' but i dont know how they look. and just for starters would i be able to buy rear shackels to level it untill i can save the money for an all around kit.

Sorry if its repetitive, this is the first truck ive ever considered lowering bc i live in the country and truck just dont go down lol mostly bc of the weight of a diesel engine.

Thanks for any help and im Glad i could find a forum specified for Dodge rams lol

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's an old thread on dodgetalk that a guy pieced together an made his on flip kit. Or you could pull the o/l spring an ad drop shackels

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Overload

OP
OP

02silverram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ooooo ok sorry. I really don't know much about but he suspension stuff. I'm more of a diesel guy I onlyngot this truck BC I blew out the transm in my 96 powerstroke

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol no worries, you can always trim some coil up front to get you an inch. Or springs shouldn't be to much

OP
OP

02silverram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Removing the overload spring how will that affect the ride quality?

OP
OP

02silverram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool cool. I'll do some research this afternoon. I really appreciate it miliions.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All good advice, but if you don't know what your doing you can really screw your suspension up if you start cutting it up, it should be left to people that really understand suspension geometry. I'd just save up and get a kit, that way it's done correctly and you won't mess anything up. You can get a complete system for 1k or less, and a lot of guys change their minds about lowering and sell theirs at a discounted price. Hemi Truck Club is another great forum and more geared to the lowered guys. This is a great site, but more geared towards the lifted side it seems. I belong to both for the knowledgeable info you get.

Last edited:
OP
OP

02silverram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i know a little bit. most of the alignment stuff i send our fleet to a shop bc i dont have time or equipment. lol but i know enough that i wont be cutting anything. had a friend heat his springs *smh* screwed his **** all up lol

ramlow2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3/6 drop on my 02 lowered the front by 3 inch coils and flip kit on rear 6 inches...very bumpy ride trying to figure out if bump stops are taken off and get belltech shocks in rear will make the ride less bumpy