Rebel trx concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow! Detuned to only 575hp:) Would need it to push those 37's around.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats a badass concept. I would love to see the Ram Runner come back.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How bout it! Did you listen to the exhaust video at the bottom of the article? Beast lol
Yeah it sounds sweet.
I just find it hard to believe they would actually make that a production truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it sounds sweet.
I just find it hard to believe they would actually make that a production truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think its just a teaser too and will actually be a lot more tame if it is produced. Aside from sharing the 6.2L shortblock I'm curious as to if it is the same engine as the hellcat or has a smaller huffer on top or other differences to get to the HP number they did and why... Why not put in the 707hp....

Also why not bring the SRT line back to RAM. I wish they would make a SRT-8 RAM.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think its just a teaser too and will actually be a lot more tame if it is produced. Aside from sharing the 6.2L shortblock I'm curious as to if it is the same engine as the hellcat or has a smaller huffer on top or other differences to get to the HP number they did and why... Why not put in the 707hp....

Also why not bring the SRT line back to RAM. I wish they would make a SRT-8 RAM.

exactly, i could see them making a version a lot closer to the look of the rebel. Its just too aggressive for FCA. IMO if they did make it that aggressive it would blow the raptor away in sales.

As for the power id say they would reduce it for longevity for towing and such. They have to cover there ass somehow, im sure the 707hp version would do fine but not good enough for them.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still think they would have much better success with a SRT line of rams using the 6.4L motor in the Regular and quadcab trucks, But especially in the regular cabs. I think they can a big hit on a high horsepower well handling shortbed regular cab line...

There is def a market for the raptor type vehicles also... but need variety Not just appearance packages.... FCA really needs to pay attention to the success of the high horsepower muscle cars they produce and put that into the pickup..
just my .02

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As for the power id say they would reduce it for longevity for towing and such. They have to cover there ass somehow, im sure the 707hp version would do fine but not good enough for them.[/QUOTE]

Yea I think that's why they detuned it, I read they were having trouble with the hellcat grand Cherokee breaking stuff when it launched with the all wheel drive.

The article sounded kinda confident tho that they may produce it and they revealed it at the Texas state fair today so maybe it could happen???

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
the truck looks awesome, however 37s may be a bit much for production (understanding it is a working concept)

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd sell both kidneys for that thing, anyone need one?

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
the truck looks awesome, however 37s may be a bit much for production (understanding it is a working concept)

especially with the fuel economy they would be getting. Even if they put 4.56 it would still be pretty low

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well... Sign me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
check out the video...and hear this thing rev at the 4:29 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1pEWgFgdE

Love it lol

When you look at a truck like that or any lifted truck on a car lot you shouldn't be worried about or expecting good fuel economy lol. But with that horsepower it might be able to get decent gas mileage still turning those tires.

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
especially with the fuel economy they would be getting. Even if they put 4.56 it would still be pretty low

that too but I don't think many are going to want to pay to replace those tires

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think a truck like the Rebel TRX will be too expensive for people. My Laramie 4x4 was expensive enough. Trucks have truly become the new luxury vehicle because after the sticker price, gas and insurance they are very expensive to own. Can you imagine the dealer mark up on the rebel TRX?!

I feel the 6.4L would be an awesome engine choice in our 1500's. A 6.4 geared and tuned in such a way that it was like a blend of the SRT 6.4 and the 2500 6.4. You guys know what I mean? A some what hot rod feel but can still tow a light duty travel travel/ boat.

I think a market for that is larger and probably more affordable. Count me in.

On a side note, the lucky ******* that gets to design and test the TRX.....I want his job!!!