interior paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12vcummins59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I want to paint my interior black and am wondering if I can paint all the plastics while it's still on the truck or do I have to take it all out? With the carpet is it possible to dye it black or should it be replaced? Also with the carpet on the door panels where you rest your elbow is it possible to cover it with Camo fabric or something like that? If so what would be the best paint for the plastic and carpet? Thanks

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
You can paint it all with it all in the truck....if you wanna spend a week masking off everywhere you don't want overspray. I would take pieces out, much easier and better coverage.

There is vinyl and carpet elective paint out there, I'm not sure how it holds up.

The arm rests I've seen where guys take em out, wrap em with a camp t-shirt or fabric and glue em down, fold the excess around the edge to make it look clean then reinstall

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I want to paint my interior black and am wondering if I can paint all the plastics while it's still on the truck or do I have to take it all out? With the carpet is it possible to dye it black or should it be replaced? Also with the carpet on the door panels where you rest your elbow is it possible to cover it with Camo fabric or something like that? If so what would be the best paint for the plastic and carpet? Thanks

as for the carpet you might want to try black vinyl, stockinteriors.com has them for 2nd gen ext cab around 140 dollars i believe. im a fan of the vinyl myself, way easier to clean, only just a bit more difficult to install.