Torque specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustJustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
I'm new here and relatively new to the forum world but y'all look like you know your stuff so I'm pretty excited to be a part of it. Now onto my question I have a dodge ram 2002 (2nd gen) 2500 club cab and Ive got rust all under my liner inside the cab and I'm going to be pulling all the seats out and fixing everything and I was reading somewhere where it was talking about getting the seats to torque specs but they weren't listed. I could probably just take a torque wrench and see what they break at but if anyone could point in the right direction and take the guess work out of it I'd be very appreciative. Also I'm thinking of just putting down herculiner on the inside thick anyone have any experience with that mostly concerned with road noise and insulation. Thanks everybody!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I had a friend who did his floor in Herculiner. Worst thing he did. 1. The smell never went away. In the summer it would come back. Didn't do anything for noise.

Plus when it got dirty, it never got clean.

I am not sure if you're putting carpet down over it, but if you're looking for sound, look at getting sound matt instead. BOOM mat is good. I've used it before and it works great. A few strips on a old hot rod and wow.. nice 'thud' sound when hitting the panel.

As for the seat bolts, just tighten them down very snug.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
^^+1 to everything.

If you wanna do a bedliner on the floor, monstaliner raptorliner or scorpionliner are so much better quality