wobbling in the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfloyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
I was wondering if anybody could help me with this problem when driving down the road my front end bounces when I go to press on the brakes and come to a stop it begins to bounce even worse any help is appreciated

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Bounces worse when stopped? Generally means misfire or something like a motor mount is severely degraded

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
are the tires in good shape? I had a car that had dynamite radials, but they had set for some time nearly flat. When I aired them up, and drove it for awhile the belts broke and the tires got all misshapen, so they'd wobble. It was odd, because they looked ok, and sometimes rode ok, but when the lumps were opposite each other , I assume, the car would ride like a clown car.

Last edited:

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
could it be warped rotors, or bad hub bearings, or both?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tfloyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
I just put a new motor in it 2 weeks ago so I know it's not the motor mounts and I also just changed the drive side wheel hub the passenger side is still good and if checked my rotors there also good and my tires are still in good shape. and it bounces when I start applying the brakes but it doesn't do it all the time.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
the tires may be hard to spot by yourself. Have someone drive your vehicle, and follow in another. Watch the sidewalls, inside and out. It's easier to see rear tire problems by following from behind. If it is the fronts, you might have to walk alongside, or in front of vehicle to see if the sidewalls or tread are running out.
what about the shocks? maybe they're making a marginal situation worse.

Last edited:

montrese04

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 single cab 4x4
Engine
5.9L
Believe that something with your brakes and rotors might perhaps not be aligned correctly I've had this happened to me twice before but on a different style vehicle and I had to go back and check and then check and then check again and then I realized that it was my brakes and rotors that were causing the issues because they were not aligned correctly also make sure and check your lug nuts because I I've had that happen due to lug nuts

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Max78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Sounds like warped rotors to me. do a search on youtube and see if videos compare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam