Gear ratios and Axels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tteal235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys, have a question.

so... im curious how much work would need to be done if I pulled the whole rear end (rear diff, axel, everything all the way to the rotars/tires) off of a diesel the same year as my 5.7 2500 and swapped it out with my current STOCK axels and such. and eventually doing it with the front end IFF its one of those "save more money" kinda things vs buying upgraded stuff like dana axels and gears. I don't know a lot about the axels and diff's but I would like to give it a shot and see what happens. end result would be to swap my entire front and rear for the ones off a salvage diesel, to include a new driveshaft since id have a bigger diff. assuming. feel free to correct me.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's the same year and such, it shouldn't be much more than an unbolt, swap and bolt it back in. At least that's how it should go lol

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
The leaf springs are wider on the 2500, Ujoints are different I believe, and if your doing it for the undercarriage why not swap the cab and bed over to the 2500 chassis and just call it a day especially if it's the front cause you'll actually be pulling a lot of the steering from the 2500 as well.
I'm doing a lot of research cause I'm doing the SAS on mine but with a 2nd gen axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk