LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuevrojamez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious about putting LED lights in my tail light housing for tail/brake/turn lights. I know there are pre-assembled light housing one can buy. However, can one just buy the LED bulbs and put in?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do you mean just buy a replacement bulb in the form of LED? Like the kind they sell at Pepboys? If so, yes and no. Yes it will work, no because it will hyperblink like you have a bulb out and on some trucks the bulb out light goes on. In order for you to get the hyperblinking to stop, you would have to cut and splice in a resistor into each bulbs wire.

Your better off buying a set of LED taillights off ebay. You can get the kind that look OEM, with red lenses and clear for reverse. They look oem but have led bulbs. I think they run around $120.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Do you mean just buy a replacement bulb in the form of LED? Like the kind they sell at Pepboys? If so, yes and no. Yes it will work, no because it will hyperblink like you have a bulb out and on some trucks the bulb out light goes on. In order for you to get the hyperblinking to stop, you would have to cut and splice in a resistor into each bulbs wire.

Your better off buying a set of LED taillights off ebay. You can get the kind that look OEM, with red lenses and clear for reverse. They look oem but have led bulbs. I think they run around $120.

I would recommend the above. The bulbs alone cost about $20 each and you need 4 of them. With the resistors added you're looking at close to $100 already in parts. You would save yourself a lot of headache and time by just ordering the led tails off of ebay. I have a set of black housing ones and I love mine.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sylvania makes a good led bulb replacement but you'd have to wire in a resistor for the turn signals. Which it really isn't hard to wire in the resistor at all. Only takes a few extra minutes.

blackout514

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I HIGHLY disagree. I was just searching around here seeing what others are saying, and the taillights are a, waste of time! I ordered a set of led taillights (that said were plug n play and had load resistors in them)..THAT WAS FALSE. they worked when they wanted to, sometimes I had to knock one to get it to work, and other problems along with the lamp out being on all the time..I ordered led bulbs off amazon ($60 total, 4 red 2 white), and load resistors I can get anywhere. WAYYYY cheaper than that other junk, and if you know what your doing, than do it.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have a set of sonar (knockoff recon) led lights. The full set and I've had them for a couple years now without any problems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I HIGHLY disagree. I was just searching around here seeing what others are saying, and the taillights are a, waste of time! I ordered a set of led taillights (that said were plug n play and had load resistors in them)..THAT WAS FALSE. they worked when they wanted to, sometimes I had to knock one to get it to work, and other problems along with the lamp out being on all the time..I ordered led bulbs off amazon ($60 total, 4 red 2 white), and load resistors I can get anywhere. WAYYYY cheaper than that other junk, and if you know what your doing, than do it.

I've had a eBay set in my truck for 6 years now and they work perfectly fine since the day I installed them.

blackout514

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well thats good for you guys. i dont trust ebay really. but i returned those junks ones i had, and ordered LED bulbs for the rear. i recently installed a tailgate bar which looks great, and i only have reverse LED in for now. they work with no problems, they are plug and play. i know you have to wire in resistors to prevent hyperflash and prevent the "lamp out" message..do i have to wire in resistors for each bulb, making a total of 4 resistors (2 turns and 2 brake bulbs)?

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
If curious I've got a brand new set I need to sell ordered 2 sets on accident. 94f6f5554bed2672bc47e564ea5da45e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If curious I've got a brand new set I need to sell ordered 2 sets on accident. 94f6f5554bed2672bc47e564ea5da45e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much do you want for them and are they for trucks with oem incandescent or trucks with oem led?

PM me and we can talk from there. Thanks.

Sent from hell via TapATalk