Bighorn model type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mickeythepen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What model category is the 1500 bighorn? (I.e., ST, SLT, etc.)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's actually an SLT with the Big horn package.
So to answer your question it's an SLT.

OP
OP
M

mickeythepen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So when I order parts I need to get SLT parts, correct?

wildkarde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
most places recognize the ram trim levels. depending on where you order from you can generally provide the VIN and they'll do a lookup.

OP
OP
M

mickeythepen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Correct, but some places online do not. So is it SLT? Thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes as stated it's an SLT with the Bighorn package.

OP
OP
M

mickeythepen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks fellas! Much appreciated!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
All the named appearance packages (Lonestar, ThunderRoad, Big Horn) are at minimum SLT's. I've never seen one that was Laramie equipped, but I'm sure they exist.

jljbtm

Reaction score
Where does a Laramie fit in the line up?

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Where does a Laramie fit in the line up?

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

Laramie always has the most options, usually including dual zone climate and power seats on both front seats.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bighorn is the leggo of the bunch.... They can all be very different depending on how they were originally built. Some Bighorns are loaded with goodies and others bare essentials with chrome bumpers.

The Laramie is the top end luxury version of the truck.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '17 Big Horn has just about everything except heated wheel and leather seats, sensor wipers and auto dimming headlights, nd adj. foot pedals. These are things I can live without. ftd

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Laramie always has the most options, usually including dual zone climate and power seats on both front seats.

The Laramie is the top end luxury version of the truck.

Maybe back then but not anymore. The Limited is at the top now.

Not sure about on them ugly 19’s but in the 18’s(pretty sure the 17’s too), the only thing higher than the Limited is the Limited Tungsten Edition. Supposedly that’s the most luxurious pickup that Ram has ever produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '17 Big Horn has just about everything except heated wheel and leather seats, sensor wipers and auto dimming headlights, nd adj. foot pedals. These are things I can live without. ftd

Granted I could do without all that stuff too although that heated steering wheel is pretty danged awesome on a cold day.

For a while I was leaving the auto-highbeams off because although they worked good out on the highway, they turned off and on all the time once I’d hit my dirt road into my house. I guess reflecting the light off trees/bushes and other stuff was enough to cycle the highbeams on too often for some reason.

I do like the rain-sensitive wipers tho. I didn’t think I would but it’s kinda nice not having to mess with the switch.

The movable foot pedals... egh... those will get used in my new truck about as much as they did in the old Laramie... never...lol.

But in all honesty I really could live without that stuff but I chose my Limited more on style than features. I like the extra and different colored stitching in the leather seats in the Limited over the Laramie. The trim package on the exterior was more appealing. I like the Limited wheels. They’re not the chrome plated, plastic-clad covered wheels like on the Laramie. Well, with the exception of the painted plastic inserts but, these aren’t covered with a permanent hub cap.

There’s just extra styling on both the inside and the outside that made the higher trim package more appealing to me. The extra features were just a bonus.

Although I do prefer leather seats regardless. They’re so much more durable and easier to take care of than cloth or vinyl. You just have to keep them treated with a good leather conditioner. Just like with a nice pair of leather boots/shoes... leather furniture... same thing.

Last edited:

bbdmac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I never had a heated steering wheel before and now that I have one in my Tungsten Limited I'll get one on any vehicle that offers it. Living in New England it's cold up here and I hate wearing gloves unless I'm clearing my driveway! That heated wheel is fantastic.

And I have to agree that it's a very luxurious interior on this truck....

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got rain sensitive wipers on our '16 Town & Country, they operate to inconsistently for my liking. I guess I'm old school and prefer the regular intermittent . I shut those off and now use regular one.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got rain sensitive wipers on our '16 Town & Country, they operate to inconsistently for my liking. I guess I'm old school and prefer the regular intermittent . I shut those off and now use regular one.

Yeah it is a bit much to get used to but I guess they’re designed to work that way. I was driving home the other day in misty-rainy weather and didn’t realize that I never did turn the wipers on and all of the sudden they went from an intermittent wipe to a rapid wipe and I was like, what the heck was that all about?...lol. I didn’t realize that just like with the auto highbeams, you have to leave the wiper switch turned on to that first click on the stick to turn on the auto function.

I’ve got a little of the old school in me too but I do like the creature comforts tho.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
According to the official site, they go in this order:

Tradesman
Express
Big Horn
Sport
(Harvest-special)
(Night-special)
Laramie
Rebel
Laramie Longhorn
Limited

What's strange is that locally, the Sport is almost always more $$ than the Laramie. Not sure if this is an options thing, but it is.

My '17 Big Horn came with some nice features that I'm not used to seeing on a BH; heated seats/steering wheel, power folding mirrors, bed LED lighting, front/rear bumper sensors.

For the same $$ as my '17 Big Horn EcoDiesel, I could have got an '18 Laramie 5.7L....I'm beginning to regret my decision a bit...

I liked the LED tails and projector headlamps on my '14 Black package Express...I do miss those. Many of the other Laramie features (leather, wheels, grill), I can give/take. All joking aside, I'm not the largest fan of leather seats.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to the official site, they go in this order:

Tradesman
Express
Big Horn
Sport
(Harvest-special)
(Night-special)
Laramie
Rebel
Laramie Longhorn
Limited

What's strange is that locally, the Sport is almost always more $$ than the Laramie. Not sure if this is an options thing, but it is.
Might just be within the options but I don’t know. When I researched my new truck, I never looked at the sport because I’ve never been a fan of painted bumpers and grille. I like the shiny stuff too much. Lol.
My '17 Big Horn came with some nice features that I'm not used to seeing on a BH; heated seats/steering wheel, power folding mirrors, bed LED lighting, front/rear bumper sensors.

For the same $$ as my '17 Big Horn EcoDiesel, I could have got an '18 Laramie 5.7L....I'm beginning to regret my decision a bit...
That might be because of that EcoDiesel. It’s probly not gonna add as much cost as that big ole CTD but I’m sure it’s a lot more expensive than the Hemi.

I liked the LED tails and projector headlamps on my '14 Black package Express...I do miss those. Many of the other Laramie features (leather, wheels, grill), I can give/take. All joking aside, I'm not the largest fan of leather seats.
I’m just curious but how come you’re not a fan of leather? This is my first time owing a vehicle with leather seats but I’ve never been a fan of cloth because they absorb too much dirt and are easily stained unless they are covered with a good seat cover that actually fits properly.

Vinyl just doesn’t look good to me. My 08 has it and it just doesn’t look good. I woulda much rather had cloth over vinyl.