Floor mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 98 Ram Sport. I need to semi permanently a fix my front rubber floor mats to my carpet. I have tried carpet glue, velcro with no luck. I was thinking perhaps a button remedy. I need some ideas in or out of the box.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I have a 98 Ram Sport. I need to semi permanently a fix my front rubber floor mats to my carpet. I have tried carpet glue, velcro with no luck. I was thinking perhaps a button remedy. I need some ideas in or out of the box.

Just put grommets into four corners on the mat and tie it down. You can tie two corners to the seat mounts, and the other two can tie in under the dash. Sure it can lift up, but it wont move around on the floor much.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Sounds like you want them well attached so just go to the hardware and buy some big headed pop rivets. Aluminum will be easier to use. Be careful where you drill and put them in. They are easy to drill out when you need to remove them.

OP
OP
B

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you gentlemen for the replies

OP
OP
B

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The floor mats need to semi permanently attached. I am not willing to drill through the floor pan. When needed, I want to be able to remove and vacuum under them. Please keep the ideas flowing

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
The floor mats need to semi permanently attached. I am not willing to drill through the floor pan. When needed, I want to be able to remove and vacuum under them. Please keep the ideas flowing

If you want ease of vacuuming, you could always go buy those woven straps with the quick release buckles like those backpacks that clip in the front. Attach them to the seat frame and floor map with a real short lead so the mat cant move very much.

OP
OP
B

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like the backpack strap idea. Perhaps a fabric store will have the straps.