Transmission Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpc0357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Magnum
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram with the 360 in it. The motor blew two pistons and while pulling the motor I found a crack in the bell housing. I have welded bell housings before but i figured if I am going to be pulling the transmission out I was thinking about doing an automatic to manual swap.

Now I was told the only way to do it is to change the brain out as well. Now besides the obvious things like clutch and pedals is there anything else I need? I have found a parts truck I can pull it off of if I need anything else. If anyone has any tips or tricks or helpful advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
You'll need the correct 360 flywheel and to either ground out they neutral safety switch or swap in a 2001 2500 360/5spd pcm. Don't run a 5.2 pcm with it, it'll run but fuel/spark mapping is different and it won't be correct.