Tail light Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Islanders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins Diesel
I have a 2012 that is having tail light issues. If I turn the turn signal to go left and engage the brakes at the same time. The turn signal dims and both back up lights blink. Then the left tail light will randomly go out.

If it's parked with the head lights on and I turn the turn signal on both tail lights and reverse lights blink uncontrollably.

I have changed bulbs, bulb sockets and went to aftermarket LED tail lights and cleaned the turn signal switch connections. I replaced the brake switch, checked all visible grounds.

I took it to a dealer and they said that they would be doing same thing I am doing to figure out the problem. If anyone has had this issue or similar I sure would appreciate your input.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Have you checked the wiring harness plugs behind the taillights for damage or melting?

this sounds like an issue I had on my Harley... intermittent weirdness. Ended up being a damaged wiring loom that was shorting out in all manner of different ways. If the plugs look ok, trace back the wiring harness, it may have been damaged somehow.

OP
OP
I

Islanders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins Diesel
Yes, that was one of the first things I went over. Thank you for the reply