High mileage injector and or throttle body issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedk1ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up a '04 2500 HD 5.7L 4x4 5sp w/211k miles on it. Truck had a cooked clutch and a pile of CEL codes so I got it for cheap. So far I've replaced the clutch, spark plugs, 4x O2 sensors, crank position sensor, water pump, battery, and knock sensors. Truck runs far better than it did initially and I'm down to just one recurring P0152 for the Bank2 Sensor 1 02 sensor. I've swapped sensors around and the code isn't following a sensor.

From what research I've done on the forum so far, I've come up with one of the two following issues as the possible culprit:

-Bank2 fuel injector sticking open
-Bank2 valve spring failure

I've run 2 tanks of fuel through the truck with BG 44K Fuel Injector cleaner.

I have not done a compression or leak down test on the cylinders.

Has anyone had any experience with fuel injectors sticking or having issues on higher mileage 5.7L Hemis? Same goes for the fly-by-wire throttle body and high mileage?

I'm planning on pulling the throttle body to clean it per suggestions by multiple threads here on the forum. I'm also going to replace the PCV and install an oil catch can in the coming week. Also installing a shorty spark plug kit.

No smoke on start up, smooth idle, no smoke on WOT, getting 14.5 mpg freeway, but the truck won't win any drag races....seems pretty weak for 345 hp/360 ft lbs tq. It passed an emissions test with flying colors (got lucky with the CEL as it was off during the test).

Thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions?

AnthonyAtHavoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
hey, a buddy of mine in the forum sent me over a link. we get the 5.7 injectors shipped in and from the local shops pretty regularly. Any time they sit they have issues, any of the cleaner/additives wont make a dent in the junk that accumulates in the seats of the injectors. We service them if you're interested, It'd be tested, flowed before and after, disassembled, the components ultrasonically cleaned inside and out, and all of the serviceable parts replaced (internal filters, screens, pintle caps, o-rings, etc.) We charge $20 per injector, turn around is same day. We're in south Florida, if you ship them in we return ship the same day. you can PM me here, or our site has more info. https://www.havocspeed.com/fuel-injector-cleaning We also have positive reviews everywhere, and are regular, reputable posters in several forums.

OP
OP
S

speedk1ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey, a buddy of mine in the forum sent me over a link. we get the 5.7 injectors shipped in and from the local shops pretty regularly. Any time they sit they have issues, any of the cleaner/additives wont make a dent in the junk that accumulates in the seats of the injectors. We service them if you're interested, It'd be tested, flowed before and after, disassembled, the components ultrasonically cleaned inside and out, and all of the serviceable parts replaced (internal filters, screens, pintle caps, o-rings, etc.) We charge $20 per injector, turn around is same day. We're in south Florida, if you ship them in we return ship the same day. you can PM me here, or our site has more info. https://www.havocspeed.com/fuel-injector-cleaning We also have positive reviews everywhere, and are regular, reputable posters in several forums.

Thanks for posting up....it's an option to get the existing injectors serviced once I come up with a period of time I can have the truck torn down.

OP
OP
S

speedk1ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else have any thoughts on high mileage injector and throttle body issues?

OP
OP
S

speedk1ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, no responses so far on the throttle body. Just picked up a used, low mileage ported throttle body so I'll replace my high mileage tb with the ported one. Also got a silly deal on a set of injectors, so I'll replace them at the same time. Fingers crossed.....