Body Mount Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Short Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Gents, new to forums and I am hoping that you guys can help me out.

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 and I want to install side nerf bars. When I went to install them, I noticed that one of the bolts holding the body to the frame on the drivers side was missing. I looked up inside and noticed that the bolt was snapped off.

Here is my question, if I were to remove the other bolts and raise the cab like I was installing a body lift kit, would I be able to gain access to the nuts that the bolts thread in to?

Also, can anyone tell me if the nuts are part of the body or if they are attached to the body somehow?

Any pics that show me how the nuts are attached would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nathanellinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have you figured anything out on your body mount bolts. I have the exact same problem.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Short Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually no I wasn't able to get any info. I ended up buying powered side steps. Which by the way, I think look and function a lot better than stationary ones. So when you open the doors the side step drops down. They mount to body vs. mounting to the frame of the truck.

Sorry, I couldn't be any more help.