Anyone get warranty/contract from "Chryslerwarrantys.com"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyRAMatDunkinDonuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...just curious, I've searched the forum and didn't come up with a reference to it. It's quoting me $2,8xx for lifetime maxcare (they say it's the same plan you would get through the Mopar website).

I called up Mopar and they quoted me $3,880 with the option to pay over 24 months.

Obviously a 1K spread gives me that "too good to be true" feeling...

Thanks!

Sorry, wrong forum, but I guess that doesn't change much!

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Be careful with these warranties, some require a inspector of the vehicle. The inspector can say that the repairs will not be covered by the warranty. Just like medical insurance, warranty companies are out to make a buck.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Rambo182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I actually just bought my truck and was offered the lifetime for 2900 if I remember correctly. Will doublecheck when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following this topic. I mentioned this warranty to my dealer and they said that lower price is less than cost and not possible. Making me rethink buying from that site.

OP
OP
MyRAMatDunkinDonuts

MyRAMatDunkinDonuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, here's the story...

I saw the fine print on the website referenced a dealership called Eau Clair Chrysler Dodge Jeep out of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, so I called them up. Spoke with one of the Finance guys, and he says it's legit; basically the dealership has contracted someone to set up the website to drive sales...

Lol, I guess I answered my own question, but figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone went through them...

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I just got a Mopar Max Care 7/60 for my Dart from Tom Winkles at Hayes Jeep in Kalamazoo ([email protected]). Beat the best online price I could find by $50. I was searching Mopar warranties and found his contact info on a Jeep forum with great reviews. I emailed initially then called for the purchase. I am still on the fence of getting one for my truck but if and when I will be contacting Tom.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
...just curious, I've searched the forum and didn't come up with a reference to it. It's quoting me $2,8xx for lifetime maxcare (they say it's the same plan you would get through the Mopar website).

I called up Mopar and they quoted me $3,880 with the option to pay over 24 months.

Obviously a 1K spread gives me that "too good to be true" feeling...

Thanks!

Sorry, wrong forum, but I guess that doesn't change much!

Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans

Two months ago I purchased the additional 4 year/75000 mile plan from the above site. They had the best price by far at 1555.00 for my truck. This plan includes a full refund at the end of the term if I have no claims. I vetted them through Chrysler via phone call before purchase to make sure everything was on the up and up. $100.00 deductible bumper to bumper.

OP
OP
MyRAMatDunkinDonuts

MyRAMatDunkinDonuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I did a little quick and dirty analysis based upon the "lifetime" aspect. I went on Autotrader, and ran a search for 2007 Ram's with 4 doors and V8 to get a feel for what they were selling for in order to see if a major repair like engine or transmission may end the warranty due to the lack of value.

The Ram's with less than 150K miles were selling anywhere from low to mid teens.

Once you get above 150K miles, but less than 200K, they mostly sell for around 10K or a bit less.

At 200K miles plus, only 12 showed up for the entire U.S., priced anywhere from 5K to 9K.

So, as a real rough estimate, I'd say the "lifetime" warranty is really up to about 200K miles and roughly 10 years.

Still seems like a "no brainer" to me... I've never kept anything beyond 145K...

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I did a little quick and dirty analysis based upon the "lifetime" aspect. I went on Autotrader, and ran a search for 2007 Ram's with 4 doors and V8 to get a feel for what they were selling for in order to see if a major repair like engine or transmission may end the warranty due to the lack of value.

The Ram's with less than 150K miles were selling anywhere from low to mid teens.

Once you get above 150K miles, but less than 200K, they mostly sell for around 10K or a bit less.

At 200K miles plus, only 12 showed up for the entire U.S., priced anywhere from 5K to 9K.

So, as a real rough estimate, I'd say the "lifetime" warranty is really up to about 200K miles and roughly 10 years.

Still seems like a "no brainer" to me... I've never kept anything beyond 145K...

I tend to trade cars in every 18 months for various reasons. My last ram was because of concerns with the tranny. I was considering trading my current truck in because of concerns with longevity but I realized I really do like my ram. Combined with the fact financially it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense either I figured the lifetime warranty will lemme rock this truck until the wheels fall off.

And then I'll get the hubs replaced under warranty. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambo182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
From certifiedpreowned.chrysler.com - I was told $2900 for the Mopar Lifetime Certified Maximum Care warranty. All plans have a $100 deductible. This was offered to me when signing for the truck a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

snapper23

Reaction score
I also purchased my lifetime warranty in 2015 when I purchased my truck. I did purchase from warranty direct. It was the best deal I have found and I have no issues getting warranty work completed. The price is more than fair.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
My brother has bought extended warranties for his 05 F250 PSD and has found prices online vary greatly by up to $1000, he paid less for his last one than the local place could get it for at cost. Seems like manufacturer extended warranties vary in price just like aftermarket ones.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

skyfx

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans

Two months ago I purchased the additional 4 year/75000 mile plan from the above site. They had the best price by far at 1555.00 for my truck. This plan includes a full refund at the end of the term if I have no claims. I vetted them through Chrysler via phone call before purchase to make sure everything was on the up and up. $100.00 deductible bumper to bumper.

I'm not seeing anything on the https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/ website indicating that you get a refund if you don't file a claim. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I doubt it, you are buying insurance and the actuary process takes into account the likelihood of filing a claim and the cost of those repairs. Refunding money only works if they charge more, invest and earn enough to cover the initial investment. If such an investment was available, I would be all over that with my own money. And why buy something you don't intend to use, meaning if a purchaser buys it and then starts witholding claims to get a full refund, one could end up paying both for repairs and the cost of policy until you get to end of term in say 10 years. If you buy it, use it every single time and try to recoup your money earlier rather than later.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I'm not seeing anything on the https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/ website indicating that you get a refund if you don't file a claim. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

From the Mopar Warranty Website:

Quote (On cancellation requests received* within the first 60 days from the original purchase date of the plan, you will be refunded the full amount you paid for the plan, provided no claims have been paid against the plan. In the event claims have been paid, or requests received* after 60 days, your refund will be based on the full amount you paid for the plan, less a pro-rata adjustment for time or mileage used, whichever is greater, less a $75 cancellation fee. We reserve the right to cancel the plan after issuance should it be discovered that: (a) the vehicle is ineligible or has been modified/altered to make it ineligible after plan coverage has been in effect; (b) failure of the customer to maintain the vehicle as prescribed by the manufacturer; (c) the odometer has been tampered with or has not been repaired by the customer; (d) non-payment of premium or (e) the vehicle is registered outside of the of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico. Your refund will be based on the full amount you paid for the plan, less a pro-rata adjustment for the time or mileage used, whichever is greater, less claims paid.)

My guess as to amount is it goes to zero as the miles/years reach the limit. Also note that if your truck is worth $4K and the repairs are $10K you'll get $4K as a settlement out of the plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio