Led fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryson.pendley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anybody removed their factory fog lights and replaced them with LED lights like the picture? I thought Id seen someone do it, but I can't find the picture.
cf52e8f90a05e1805083ab3778c40b52.jpg

AKsBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 8 Speed - E85 Option
I actually did see someone do this, but it was on a GMC. I looked at it, and they doubled up two of those in one fog light area, and they seemed to be fit in pretty good, and easy, almost meant to be. Not sure about the Dodge, but was going to look into it.
Right now, I just have some HID Bulbs in the housing, and they are doing just fine.

OP
OP
B

bryson.pendley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Only about a million of us, including me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you mount them? My 2013 doesn't have the vertical lights, they're horizontal.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rigid sells mounting bracket for horizontal fogs. Altered off road sells complete kits for both vertical and horizontal fogs. I vote match box projectors with HIDs. That's what I did lol
261ce9630d64614ff48e4bcd2f15203d.jpg

OP
OP
B

bryson.pendley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Rigid sells mounting bracket for horizontal fogs. Altered off road sells complete kits for both vertical and horizontal fogs. I vote match box projectors with HIDs. That's what I did lol
261ce9630d64614ff48e4bcd2f15203d.jpg

Do you have any night shots? Those fogs look pretty sweet.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have any night shots? Those fogs look pretty sweet.

Thanks. No night shots but I'll take one for you either tonight or tomorrow morning on my way into work [emoji106]. These combined with the HIDs in the headlights are the perfect set up to me. Lighting is great.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Link for anyone wanting to do the LED pods. They are cheaper but not as good as the HIDs IMO. Other will say they are just as good. I'm just one guy with 1 opinion [emoji108]http://www.alteredoffroad.ca/category-s/2154.htm

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Link for anyone wanting to do the LED pods. They are cheaper but not as good as the HIDs IMO. Other will say they are just as good. I'm just one guy with 1 opinion [emoji108]http://www.alteredoffroad.ca/category-s/2154.htm

I would be one who would disagree. I have two hyperspots and two dual power (hi/low) power Rigids in the driving light pattern. These are wired into the high and low beams respectively. The hyper spots are tied into my "behind grill" lights. Very flexible system with more throw than your HID's. ;) ....

....much more expensive though.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those DO have a nice cut-off.

Yeah I love them. I had some LED bulbs in there and the scatter was pretty bad but they were very bright. I'm definitely much happier with these. But that's just my take. I'm sure the LED pods are better than just swapping in LED bulbs with the cutoff and scatter but have no personal experience with them.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here in Alaska where it's always (ALWAYS) dark in the winter, I'm more worried about the overall throw, especially to the side where the swamp donkeys (moose) hide. Our deer total vehicles lol. I don't blind people because I have the low power available on the driving lights, but yes, the pattern is much looser than your HIDs...