lighting issues. headlights. interior lights not working right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farmer andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
hey so i have a 2013 dodge ram 1500 laramaie 5.7l. about a month ago my low beams and fog lights got very dull, i have installed led bulbs with all the appropriate wiring and there still dull. also have had the roof lights between driver and passanger flicker when door is open and the gauge back lights flicker aswell. any help is appreciated truck has 100399km on it... never been abused at all

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey so i have a 2013 dodge ram 1500 laramaie 5.7l. about a month ago my low beams and fog lights got very dull, i have installed led bulbs with all the appropriate wiring and there still dull. also have had the roof lights between driver and passanger flicker when door is open and the gauge back lights flicker aswell. any help is appreciated truck has 100399km on it... never been abused at all
Is the plastic lense of the fog lights cloudy and dull. You may have a loose ground or some leads to the lights are loose or corroded.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

farmer andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
lens are clear. and not sure where to even start looking... im not frmilular with dodge at all. could it be the tipm is bad?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I suggest you find a Chilton manual for your truck. I have one for my 2004 with the hemi. Easy to follow and good detail

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
lens are clear. and not sure where to even start looking... im not frmilular with dodge at all. could it be the tipm is bad?
Pull the covers off of the lights you can and clean the connections and check for loose wires

OP
OP
F

farmer andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Pull the covers off of the lights you can and clean the connections and check for loose wires

i put the leds in the other day and they werent lose but i will check that again. is there any other reason they could be dulling

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i put the leds in the other day and they werent lose but i will check that again. is there any other reason they could be dulling
The only issue that comes to mind is you may have used to heavy of a gage wire and the current is having an issue not being dispersed before reaching the bulb

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Something else to check is the bulbs. Even though they are new, the bulbs could be bad which could be the cause for the dimness.