Come on RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So Ford revealed the 2018 F150 today. It gets a new grille, headlights, and bumper. This after being all new in 2015. What does RAM get? A teaser a while ago that barely shows anything. RAM is a great truck, but it is in it's 9th model year and the 5th since the new front. I still haven't seen anything 100% certain that 2019 is going to be a refresh. Considering that RAM and Jeep are the only things keeping the lights on at FCA they really need to get their ass in gear. It's still a great truck, but it needs refresh. I just hope the don't try to make it too squared off like Ford or Chevy.
Ford is also putting a 3.0 diesel in the F150. I have no interest in a small diesel in a half ton, but I can't wait to see how it compares to RAM's.

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It seems like the f-150 gets a new grill/headlight/bumper almost every year. I dont really like any of them. Maybe dodge had the mentality of "its a good looking design and more profit the longer you run it." It has to be expensive to re-tool a factory that often.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
While a replacement for the current generation is loooong overdue, I'm still really happy with my 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the new F150 redesign. If only they weren't that expensive I would jump ships. :crazy:

But Still happy with my 2015 so far

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The biggest issue its still a ford............ and the newer grills out on the limited and rebel are extremely ugly. I think ram would have to knock it out of the ball park to get the majority of us to atleast look at a change

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
You are either buying a truck for utility or a fashion statement if keeping up with the Joneses is your main worry.

Quite frankly I like that RAM does not chase the 5 year refresh cycle like the other makes. RAM knows they are probably always going to be playing third fiddle in sales no matter what and return on investment of shorter refreshes is not there. Given the last 2-3 years has been their best sales years yet, does not look like it is hurting them by taking the long road.

If your circle of influence and peer pressure is giving you crap for having a RAM, need to find better people to hang around that are less shallow.

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By percent to prior year, Ram full size sales outgrew the other two in 2016. Remember Ford was going against numbers in 2015 that was down due to shortage of frames.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Since I bought a new 1500 Ram will probably put the 8sp behind the 6.4 in the 2500 or put the 6.4 in the 1500..lol

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I come from a town where the ugliest dogs win, and no kidding of the big 3 the Ram lot always has more trucks and sells more trucks, by a bunch. Coincidence? I think not.

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Out of preference, and coming from an F150 to RAM, I couldn't justify the premium price tag that ford wants when I got a comparable if not better truck for much less switching to RAM. If there is one thing I dont miss about the F150 it's all the rattles and squeaks from the hard plastic, drove me nuts.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ford drives like a dump truck, the coil back suspension was the best upgrade ever. To date Ford hasn't touched Rams 2009 numbers for HP 390, unless you get a HO Raptor$$. Even their 3.5 eco boost will only get you to 375, and again you will pay for it. Ram Hemi not only makes the best truck but it is also the least expensive. I don't include Raptor in the conversation, because that is a great truck. The OP just doesn't get it, Ram was already heads and shoulders above the field since 2009, thus the reason why Ram won truck of the year more then anyone else since.

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ford drives like a dump truck, the coil back suspension was the best upgrade ever. To date Ford hasn't touched Rams 2009 numbers for HP 390, unless you get a HO Raptor$$. Even their 3.5 eco boost will only get you to 375, and again you will pay for it. Ram Hemi not only makes the best truck but it is also the least expensive. I don't include Raptor in the conversation, because that is a great truck. The OP just doesn't get it, Ram was already heads and shoulders above the field since 2009, thus the reason why Ram won truck of the year more then anyone else since.

That was my impression of the last few F-150's that I've driven. I'm not sure what happened with their ride quality over the years. My old '01 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew was a joy to run down the highway. The seats were comfortable, the interior was quiet, and the ride quality was awesome (for a truck).

The last truck of theirs I drove was a '17 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew with the 5.0L. I was not at all impressed. For a 1/2 ton truck with an MSRP of $49k...it shouldn't ride like a big rig.

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My biggest gripe with ford and chevy for that matter when I was looking and pricing trucks is the fact that in order to get actual back doors that open aka super crew etc, they add another 3-5k, where as ram is QC 4 door from the get go. It was such a pain with my super cab F150 trying to hold the driver side door and back door in order to avoid the wind yanking them open and dinging another car while wrestling with a screaming toddler trying to get him out of his car seat. Much easier with my RAM..I just open the back door, it's like magic lolz

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first truck was a brand new F150 platinum in 2014. It was my first truck in the USA so I got recommended by a ford owner to check them out and knew nothing of the other brands.

In the 30k miles I had it it had:

2 complete new axles
Front wheel bearings
Reprogram

It was such a lemon, I gave it back and couldn't be happier with my Ram

I know there are always going to be lemons from every manufacturer however that being my first and only ford it was my last.